Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wierd glock malfunctions.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I enhance my Glocks only with Glock OEM parts. Extended slide stop, OEM (-) connectors, mag releases, and smooth triggers.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    I enhance my Glocks only with Glock OEM parts. Extended slide stop, OEM (-) connectors, mag releases, and smooth triggers.
    Ditto

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    IMO, i think the problem is that you used Zev parts...I would never chance the plunger and striker spring. I would leave them stock.

Feedback Score
    I don't think the plunger itself - or crud on it - makes much of a difference, but if you don't get that plunger spring in there correctly you are going to have all kinds of stupid malfunctions, including weirdness with trigger reset, failure to go into battery, the slide getting stuck not quite in battery (requiring you to muzzle strike something to free it; yes, I know that's not very safe), etc.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I have seen this one other time. It was a factory Glock 22 Gen 4 with a couple thousand rounds through it. Through some parts exchanging, we determined it was the spring cups. No idea what caused it, but it was easy to diagnose.

Put the gun back together with all that Wyle E. Coyote stuff and manually move the striker by pulling it back and forth. My guess is you'll find it gritty or it will stick. Either the striker, striker spring, sleeve, or spring cups is likely out of spec. Could also be the FPS, but that seems less likely.

Feedback Score
    deleted
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 12-18-18 at 16:41.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Why do people put Zev stuff in their Glocks?

Serious question.

2 Hollers over from TNOutdoors9 Hickman County, TN
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky5019 View Post
    Most performance parts mfrs don’t understand the system well enough to make the parts they offer.
    Opinion solicited:

I have bought some Ghost 3.0 trigger connectors. https://ghostinc.com/angel-3-0-gen-1-5-x/ I bought one with the spring https://ghostinc.com/angel-trigger-kit-3-0-gen-1-5-x/ (not sure how this would work in a carry gun)my brother did some file fit Ghost connectors in his and his wife's 19's. They work really-really good. Mine are drop in.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Ghost tends to be better than Zev but I’m not one for a mushy trigger in a carry pistol. That’s the reason that I set them up with reduced pretravel and a wall that offers a short snap and resets back to the same spot so you’re not guessing when the gun is going to fire. It’s a very predictable setup. 99.9% of the time I use factory parts and Wolff springs to accomplish the task.

None of the drop in systems currently on the market are going to give you that type of setup. There are just to many variables. Glocks are great; interchangeable and pretty drop in but when it comes to performance enhancements they need to be fit just like any other pistol. PM me your email or cell and I can email or text you a vid of what that travel and break look like in a pistol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Feedback Score
    Guns for competition, and guns to be used as a weapon are mostly not the same.

Competition, a game, using toys.
    Self Defense, a fight, using a battle implement.

Choose accordingly as per mission requirements.

Sent from my SGP612 using Tapatalk
    NRA Life, SASS#40701, Glock Advanced Armorer
    Gunsmith for Unique Armament Creations LLC, 07/SOT

VIGILIA PRETIUM LIBERTATIS

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast