Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting Started (Philadelphia, PA area) Question...

Feedback Score
    Lower Providence is a big IDPA and practical shooting club. Mostly pistol though.
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Anyone in the area do PCC competitions?
    Professionalism, it goes a long way.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigx View Post
    Anyone in the area do PCC competitions?
    Every place ive done uspsa at had pcc class.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm looking to send my application to Ontelaunee next month. It's about 45 minutes from my house, but looks like they have about every thing I want in a club to 200-300 yard ranges.

As far as just getting started in IDPA, 3-gun, etc, I'd say not to worry about it. I've never done any competitions either and may even shoot 3-gun with my pump Benelli Supernova. Will I look like a douche to some? Sure, but I don't really GAF as long as I'm having fun; I don't feel the need to impress anyone.

http://ontelaunee.org/

Feedback Score
    Ontelaunee has nice range facilities compared to other ranges I’ve shot at in the area. I’m in the Allentown area and am a member at Ontelaunee. The club offers an intro to competitive shooting class that you could go to, but after taking it myself I don’t think it’s worth it. I’ve shot two East coast steel challenge matches at the club, and depending how my schedule works I’m looking to shoot the IDPA and 3 gun shoots. The people at the matches that I’ve competed with have all been great, very willing to help you out.
    With that said the club doesn’t have dedicated setups that you could run for practice, they do have a pistol range where you can setup steel plates and practice, if you have them.

If you want to shoot at the club before joining send me a message.

Feedback Score
    Some additional clubs that have very good programs include New Holland Rifle and Pistol (my home club), University Rifle Club in Reading, Southern Chester County Sportsman, Topton Fish and Game, and West Shore Sportsman near Harrisburg (a drive for ya, but good to have the extra one). This is an amazing area for competitive stuff.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things with insane laws...it's...insane!" -- Penn Jillette

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12