Thread: Need some gear help

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)

Need some gear help

I need a chest harness that holds 3 AR mags, 3 pistol mags and has a place to add an IFAK.

This will be used as a patrol vest for police duty (Not for me).

I have an Eagle chest harness that I bought from SKD tactical a few years back but it appears that Eagle no longer makes that particular model. It holds 6 mags and had MOLLE on the left and right sides for pistol mags and a small med kit.

Any thoughts, input would be appreciated.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidjinks View Post
    I need a chest harness that holds 3 AR mags, 3 pistol mags and has a place to add an IFAK.

This will be used as a patrol vest for police duty (Not for me).

I have an Eagle chest harness that I bought from SKD tactical a few years back but it appears that Eagle no longer makes that particular model. It holds 6 mags and had MOLLE on the left and right sides for pistol mags and a small med kit.

Any thoughts, input would be appreciated.
    I believe Blue Force Gear has that.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Not to be a forum snob, but...
    https://www.m4carbine.net/forumdispl...-Tactical-Gear

Now- aside from that-

> Does all this have to be pre-sewn onto the rig or is he ok with adding pouches of his own?

To be honest, a small MOLLE or laser cut rig and some pouches and he could put a basic chest rig like that together REALLY easily, and not that expensively, depending on what options he needs for pouches.... Actually, I would recommend this route...

>Is he going to be throwing this over any sort of body armor, or standalone only or swift-cliped to the front of a PC?

If fairly pre-configured is what you need, one of these might fit the bill-

https://www.spiritussystems.com/

The Blueforce stuff BC mentioned is also pretty good for slick stuff. However, depending on the size of your friend, he may want to be aware that the shoulder straps on their rigs are sewn a bit wider than most other chest rigs on the market...
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Mods, I appreciate the move!

Jellybean, it will be worn over body armor. Thanks for the links! I doesn’t need to be a fully sewn unit. MOLLE is acceptable. I was thinking along the lines of keeping it simple and trying to find an equivalent of the Eagle rig I have.

BC, I looked at Blueforce prior to posting this. I did a search of the gear forum and followed a few links posted there.

Feedback Score
    Your requirements are basically the flavor de jour in chest rigs. Mayflower, Spiritus Systems (Bank Robber, especially), and Haley D3 all come to mind immediately.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidjinks View Post
    Mods, I appreciate the move!

Jellybean, it will be worn over body armor. Thanks for the links! I doesn’t need to be a fully sewn unit. MOLLE is acceptable. I was thinking along the lines of keeping it simple and trying to find an equivalent of the Eagle rig I have.

BC, I looked at Blueforce prior to posting this. I did a search of the gear forum and followed a few links posted there.
    I'd check with Entry Gear to make sure these are actually stocked but.... this may work...
    https://www.entrygear.com/product.asp?id=EI-CR-M4-MS-LE

And don't forget the Haley Micro as well, which...also seems like it may do most of what you want here...
    http://www.haleystrategic.com/chestrigs/d3crm

I mean, I guess the limit is really just how much you want to spend, and what you need the pouches to do...
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment