Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boy, Did I Get Schooled!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Boy, Did I Get Schooled!

Apparently, I've got all my NFA regulations wrong. But don't worry, a kid at work set me straight.

First, the minimum barrel length of a shotgun is 14 inches. To think, all this time, I thought it was 18!

Second, if I want a 14 inch barrel on my 870, all I have to do is buy one that length from Remington. They sell them, you know. No tax stamp needed. However, heaven help me if I cut down a 28 inch barrel myself!

Third, you can't just fill out the paperwork and pay for the $200 tax stamp to purchase and own a transferable machinegun. Nope. You have to have a Class III License.

Man, I'm glad he set me straight! If I'd have listened to all you reprobates, I'd be spending a long vacation in Club Fed!
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Haha. I feel for you man.

I think I'll go down to my LGS and get me one of those 14" shotguns.

Actually...I would love to get a TAC13 and put a brace on it... But that's a different thread

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have one like that at work as well. Tried to buy a select fire MP5 on GovDeals.

Puts in a bid THEN asks me if it's a good price!
    Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    shaking head... you can't fix stupid !

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Oh man..the utter CRAP I hear at work and at the range.We are, and always have been and always will be, our own worst enemy.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    We are, and always have been and always will be, our own worst enemy.
    THIS^^^ This is why the Fudds and Gun Control Activists are winning right now, especially here in Washington. People refuse to actually read (and don't get me started on reading comprehension) and they are so lazy that they are convinced that everything the media says or that they see or read on social media is true. I for one, firmly believe that we do not help our own cause, because we are being too damn nice and are letting these people push us around.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Exclamation

We GOTTA get that thread re-opened. I heard a humdinger at my local FUD-... I mean, "GUN shop" this spring - about leaving your AR mags loaded!
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    I get the same stuff with guns(especially NFA) and chemistry... people just throw shit out there, like they KNOW, when they have no idea.
    I like to allow them to lay it all out before calling them out, with proof, in front of people.
    Either they are embarrassed enough to learn, or everyone else realizes they are full of crap.

Either way, it fixes itself eventually.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I'm glad I'm not in retail gun sales anymore. The stupidity of stuff overheard in LGSs is insane.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robb Jensen View Post
    I'm glad I'm not in retail gun sales anymore. The stupidity of stuff overheard in LGSs is insane.
    My brain would probably explode if I heard some of the things you have been told.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast