View Poll Results: How is the Vortex, regardless of price? (Multi-choice/Public Voting!)

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • The glass is not related to the price, it's nearly as clear as S&B!

3 9.68%
  • The glass is what you'd expect from a $1000-1400 scope. "meh".

10 32.26%
  • The glass is "$2500 league", but the rest of the scope...meh

0 0%
  • The scope is as good in every way as those costing 2x as much!

19 61.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Does the Vortex Razor HD2 (now -E) 1-6 "perform above its price"?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Does the Vortex Razor HD2 (now -E) 1-6 "perform above its price"?

I'm very heavily considering this optic. I am curious what others who have owned them, and other LPVO's have to say. Vortex has claimed that it optically performs along side the Mk6. I had a MK6, and the glass was phenomenal. It was better than phenomenal. It gathered light just as well as my K16i at dusk, with 4mm less objective!

I also know that they are making a very + impact on those who use them on Range 37, and other places.

Does this optic, which costs VERY LITTLE compared to others actually "punch" in the same weight as the ATACR, MK6, etc?

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    Yes.

They are very tough, have great glass, and are relatively affordable...especially second hand.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Absolutely. They are holding up extremely well and getting rave reviews from field use.

I’m very happy with the one I have mounted on my SCAR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I am very happy with the performance level of my razors for the price I paid. I would absolutely choose the razor over just about any lpvo under 2k, even the kahles.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    I am very happy with the performance level of my razors for the price I paid. I would absolutely choose the razor over just about any lpvo under 2k, even the kahles.

Okay, why? I'm not being argumentative. I've owned the k16i, mk6, vcog, and nightforce nxs 1-4. Have not messed with razor hd2...hated 25.x oz. Now that it's a shade over 21oz...its on my radar. Especially with its track record with military use, and the reticle options. Call me simple, but I want a point and click to 200 yards, and a laze and dial for further. From what I get, they dial true.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Okay...someone voted "meh" and didnt quantify it...please expound?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    Okay, why? I'm not being argumentative. I've owned the k16i, mk6, vcog, and nightforce nxs 1-4. Have not messed with razor hd2...hated 25.x oz. Now that it's a shade over 21oz...its on my radar. Especially with its track record with military use, and the reticle options. Call me simple, but I want a point and click to 200 yards, and a laze and dial for further. From what I get, they dial true.
    Cost vs performance. I dont think $600 is worth a 4 oz difference (I have 2 of the e's) The glass is very similar and I like the reticle, eye relief, and eye box better on the vortex. Also, not a fan of the reostat like illumination dial on the kahles. One guy I respect alot once told me that if you are going to replace a red dot with a lpvo, then make damn sure it has at least 90% of the performance of the red dot. The razor fits that criteria for me. For what it's worth, I would also look at uso new 1-6. Very very similar to the the new razor e's.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    Cost vs performance. I dont think $600 is worth a 4 oz difference (I have 2 of the e's) The glass is very similar and I like the reticle, eye relief, and eye box better on the vortex. Also, not a fan of the reostat like illumination dial on the kahles. One guy I respect alot once told me that if you are going to replace a red dot with a lpvo, then make damn sure it has at least 90% of the performance of the red dot. The razor fits that criteria for me. For what it's worth, I would also look at uso new 1-6. Very very similar to the the new razor e's.

Has USO fixed themselves? Nothing they have made to date is worth a damn, IMO, if reliability and durability are a factor.

Also, how is the eyebox on the Razor? I know it's 4", but can you also get CLOSE to the optic, or will you start getting shadowing fast if you move in on it, say, from going prone?
    Last edited by WS6; 09-01-18 at 10:22.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    Has USO fixed themselves? Nothing they have made to date is worth a damn, IMO, if reliability and durability are a factor.

Also, how is the eyebox on the Razor? I know it's 4", but can you also get CLOSE to the optic, or will you start getting shadowing fast if you move in on it, say, from going prone?
    Not sure about reliability on all of their new reworked models, but performance wise the 1-6 so far is good to go. It's performance so far is a 34mm version of the razor 1-6 without the track record pedigree.

The eye relief is insane on the vortex. You will want to move the optic one or 2 t marks forward from the industry average. As for the eye box, I've never had problems falling into it and getting a sight picture even when shooting from improvised and uncomfortable positions.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I’ve got a new Vortex Gen II-E in the EE if anyone’s interested.

When you get down to it, the only consistent negative feedback on the Razor is weight and the new version (~21 oz) is only four ounces more than the lightest-in-class scopes (17 oz K16i and NX8). The savings you get with the Razor, assuming it meets all your usage requirements, can buy a spare Aimpoint. For some people, that four ounce difference could be a requirement and they’re willing to pay more or compromise eyebox to get it.

ETA: I just weighed an NX8 and Razor Gen II-E on my digital food scale and the NX8 was 17.5 oz with battery while the Razor was 21.8 oz with battery.
    Last edited by crosseyedshooter; 09-06-18 at 23:38.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast