Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Optic for 11.5" upper

Feedback Score

Optic for 11.5" upper

I have a few 11.5" uppers on hand, and a spare T1 and 1-4x TR24, but I don't know what to do. Right now one has iron sights and one has a T1.

What would be the best set up for the primary rifle?

What ever I don't use will be put on other rifles.

Feedback Score
    What is the upper going to be used for?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911-A1 View Post
    What is the upper going to be used for?
    Well, I have an upper for every occasion. This is for primarily self defense where SBR's are allowed. A 300blk upper will probably get the unused optic.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Aimpoint T-1

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I run a micro on my HD 6933. I've ran it out past 200 yards and a red dot is plenty sufficient for what I use the rifle for. The farthest shot I have here at home is about 75 yards, 100 or so if I go out into the driveway.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    I run a micro on my HD 6933. I've ran it out past 200 yards and a red dot is plenty sufficient for what I use the rifle for. The farthest shot I have here at home is about 75 yards, 100 or so if I go out into the driveway.
    I’ve shot red dots out to 300, but at that distance i’m just holding in space. My furthest shot would be similar to yours. Of course I could set one up each way.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Your vision can also play a part in your choice. Do you have 20/20 vision, or astigmatism, do you wear glasses and how good is your corrected vision in your aiming eye ? What is the max distance you will realistically be shooting it ? Every sighting system has pro's and con's.

Feedback Score
    1.5x ACOG’s make good SBR optics in my opinion. Otherwise an Aimpoint micro, ACRO (when it’s released) or Trijicon MRO will work.

Feedback Score
    I'd go with the aimpoint. I'm running red dots on anything 12.5in or shorter, LPVOs on anything 14.5 or longer. One exception is a clone LMT rifle that has an ACOG/RMR combo (for clone's sake).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hile View Post
    I'd go with the aimpoint. I'm running red dots on anything 12.5in or shorter, LPVOs on anything 14.5 or longer. One exception is a clone LMT rifle that has an ACOG/RMR combo (for clone's sake).
    That was my original plan, but I'm wondering if I'm missing something. The ability to engage accurately at longer distances vs the lighter and maybe somewhat faster sighting at CQB type distance.

I do get a good starburst effect with the aimpoints.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast