G&R Tactical
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Geissele SMR Barrel Nut Compatibility - Mk1 vs Mk8 Mlok

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    287
    Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

    Geissele SMR Barrel Nut Compatibility - Mk1 vs Mk8 Mlok

    I have a BCM Jack Carbine I purchased new several years ago. It has the Geissele SMR Mk1 rail. Id like to put a longer rail on it - Geissele SMR Mk8 Mlok preferred.

    Anybody know if the current barrel nut for the Mk1 rail will work for the Mk8? Thank you.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3,515
    Feedback Score
    10 (92%)
    I don't know but I'll bet Geissele would tell you if you contact them.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Inland Northwest
    Posts
    427
    Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I have an original SMR, MK 8,13 and 16 rails. I’ve used the same barrel nut wrench on all of them and they appear interchangeable between the original and MK 8 series.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Free State of Nebraska
    Posts
    5,131
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerblue View Post
    I have an original SMR, MK 8,13 and 16 rails. I’ve used the same barrel nut wrench on all of them and they appear interchangeable between the original and MK 8 series.
    Reread his question
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Free State of Nebraska
    Posts
    5,131
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pomyc View Post
    I have a BCM Jack Carbine I purchased new several years ago. It has the Geissele SMR Mk1 rail. Id like to put a longer rail on it - Geissele SMR Mk8 Mlok preferred.

    Anybody know if the current barrel nut for the Mk1 rail will work for the Mk8? Thank you.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The MK 1 through the MK 8 use the same barrel nut.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Inland Northwest
    Posts
    427
    Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    The MK 1 through the MK 8 use the same barrel nut.

    This is what I meant to say but didn’t through poor wording. Yes, the barrel nuts are the same.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    287
    Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Thank you. This helps.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    25
    Feedback Score
    0
    Can confirm. MK1 & MK8 barrel nuts are backwards compatible.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •