Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone using a Geissele rail for AR10 builds?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Anyone using a Geissele rail for AR10 builds?

Thinking of getting into the AR10 world and just like almost everyone else want it built to my specs and likes.

Would like to put a Geissele for the build but I'm not sure it will work on a AR10 (Aero) upper/barrel.
    Nullus amicus melior - Nullus inimicus perior

Feedback Score
    67 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Celt View Post
    Thinking of getting into the AR10 world and just like almost everyone else want it built to my specs and likes.

Would like to put a Geissele for the build but I'm not sure it will work on a AR10 (Aero) upper/barrel.
    Won’t work. Try DD ��

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by glock21xxx View Post
    Won’t work. Try DD ��
    Daniel Defense doesn't make .308 handguards besides their proprietary one for the DD5. Geissele actually has made SR-25 compatible handguards, they were just never released to the public.

Mega/Zev makes a decent one, though the Mega ones are better on paper, due to them being made of 7075 versus the 6061 on the Zev. Centurion Arms also makes one, and the M-LOK versions are currently on sale: https://www.centurionarms.com/category-s/1816.htm

Plenty of other brands, too, just be aware that there's no real TDP, so some shit may not fit as expected. .308 ARs are a very different beast.
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 11-17-18 at 18:55.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    Daniel Defense doesn't make .308 handguards besides their proprietary one for the DD5. Geissele actually has made SR-25 compatible handguards, they were just never released to the public.

Mega/Zev makes a decent one, though the Mega ones are better on paper, due to them being made of 7075 versus the 6061 on the Zev. Centurion Arms also makes one, and the M-LOK versions are currently on sale: https://www.centurionarms.com/category-s/1816.htm

Plenty of other brands, too, just be aware that there's no real TDP, so some shit may not fit as expected. .308 ARs are a very different beast.

They are very different beasts indeed, which is why I don't own one yet. I think I'll stick with my G3 DMR's until I have enough cabbage for a LMT MWS!
    Nullus amicus melior - Nullus inimicus perior

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)
    For that CA MLOK rail, does a Sentry 7 adj gas block fit inside? GB height is 1.4” and rail ID is 1.441”. Seems awfully tight.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by uffdaphil View Post
    For that CA MLOK rail, does a Sentry 7 adj gas block fit inside? GB height is 1.4” and rail ID is 1.441”. Seems awfully tight.
    Centurion only recommends their gas block be used with the CMR rails.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBK View Post
    Centurion only recommends their gas block be used with the CMR rails.
    For their .223 handguards, yes, but there's clearly more room in the .308 handguards.

With the original .308 CMRs, the Sentry 7s did fit. Not sure if the dimensions changed for the M-LOK variants.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    For their .223 handguards, yes, but there's clearly more room in the .308 handguards.

With the original .308 CMRs, the Sentry 7s did fit. Not sure if the dimensions changed for the M-LOK variants.
    Centurion says, “Currently our gas block is the only one that Centurion Arms can guarantee to fit under the CMR. This is due to the CMR's extreme low profile“. The .308 CMR lists ID as 1.25” and the .308 mLok variant ID as 1.441”, as uffdaphil stated.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    I know a Troy LPGB will fit inside a Centurion CMR MLok rail.

Feedback Score
    67 (99%)

May not make them anymore but they can be found for 308. Just saying

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast