Thread: Market value?

Feedback Score

Market value?

I’m thinking of selling my Rock River AR-15 but honestly having a hard time determining fair market value. Right now there’s little inventory available for comparison. Any advice?
    - Used/excellent condition, about 500 total rounds
    - carbine length
    - Heavy barrel
    - Rock River 2 stage national match trigger
    - A2 match carry handle/sight

Any inputs? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Each market is a little different, but here in the Atlanta area, I would consider myself lucky if I could get $1000 for a Rock River.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Prices really aren't up on used ARs in my parts. PPL are ASKing big money for low / mid tier ARs but they aren't selling.

If you need the $$$, sell it for what the market will bear. You aren't going to clean up on a single weapon, but its up to you if it's worth it.

In FL, I'd be surprised to see an older RRA selling for more than $750 really, if not less.

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    Thanks fellas that’s about what I was guessing. How much additional value would a Geissele SSA-E trigger and Vortex Diamondback scope w/ mount add? Scope and mount were about $450 in 2016.

I don’t really need the money but also don’t really shoot the gun that much. It’s mostly collecting dust now.

Feedback Score
    My guess would be that you would be better off selling the trigger and scope separately.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    To me it is $500 rifle at most but I don't need it. Who will pay the most for it? The guy that doesn't know the difference between Rock River and KAC. All he knows is it is an AR15. Depending on where you are a local person to person sale will probably net you the most. Not paying tax and no background is worth $$$ to many. Do you know what the "Gun Show Loophole" is?

Feedback Score
    I saw a rock river (not sure of model) locally for $800 new. I would guess 600-700 used as the market is good for selling right now.

Where you live could also matter. It seems some areas have larger demand and lower inventory them others.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by globetruck View Post
    I’m thinking of selling my Rock River AR-15 but honestly having a hard time determining fair market value. Right now there’s little inventory available for comparison. Any advice?
    - Used/excellent condition, about 500 total rounds
    - carbine length
    - Heavy barrel
    - Rock River 2 stage national match trigger
    - A2 match carry handle/sight

Any inputs? Thanks.

Where or how are going to sell? LGS, Gun Broker?
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mcnabb100 View Post
    My guess would be that you would be better off selling the trigger and scope separately.
    Agreed.

Whenever I sell something and have upgraded triggers, magazines, optics, etc I always separate and always come out ahead.