Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: UTG/Leapers M-LOK Bipod

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Full disclaimer, I’ve not handled this bipod but... I’ll be honest, well made product or not, it’s not really that great a design. I had the VLTOR, which I think is a better design because it doesn’t fold directly parallel with the sides of the hand guard but it was still too bulky and took up too much space when folded. From the pictures it looks like this one does fold parallel with the sides of the hand guard so in the folded position it’s going to be very wide. Bipods like this also either protrude far past the muzzle or burn a ton of rail space when folded. Incidentally, I bought the VLTOR on the EE here from and SME. I probably should have seen it as a sign that he was selling it. I have a Harris now.

Feedback Score
    I get the idea for it and think that it's sound, less likely to flop over folds up to with less crap sticking out. I'm good with that. I'd like it over Harris bipods. Now the hard part what is it's pedigree for materials.. 6110 AL or something that will hold up. Now back to the one a few years back....
    Bimmer.... We're all still waiting for your review on it....😁 👍
    NRA Life Member.

Feedback Score
    I bought one of these bi-pods and actually like it. I have other "Harris" bi-pods and like them fine as well. I put this bi-pod on an AR10 because I wanted something that folded up (out of the way) when I need to rest the hand guard on something while hunting (like a limb etc.). I've used it now for a couple years and it has held up well with no signs of damage or weakness after 2 seasons of "deer & hog" hunting.
    I like the ability of being able to extend the legs manually with no "spring tension" that sometimes makes noise, works well. For the price it seems to be a pretty solid bi-pod.
    "A Wise Man Changes his Mind, but a Fool Never Does."

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Not a fan of UTG but Cabelas was giving away free RMR UTG mounts when they had the gen 1 RMRs on closeout. They are actually nice mounts. I run one of them on a PDW that I wanted a lower RMR mount on. I like it a lot. Nice machining and solid.

Feedback Score
    My experience thus far...

I bought one of these and carefully installed it on my m-lok handguard, actually using a torque wrench to tighten the screws to spec.

It seemed very stable, and the action of the bipod (swinging and extending the legs) actually worked well.

I shot off the bipod from prone for a shooting session in August, and everything went well.

Second shooting session in late October: Taking the rifle out of the case, one of the screws was sheared off and it and the m-lok nut were rattling around inside the handguard. I have no idea how that happened...

Another unhappy surprise: UTG doesn't use the standard MagPul M-Lok hardware. MagPul specs button screws, UTG uses tapered screws.

So, I e-mailed UTG for a set of screws, which they catalog, but which aren't actually for sale anywhere... No answer.

I bought a set of tapered "m-lok" screws from Amazon, but they're far smaller than UTGs, and a different thread, too. Fail.

At this point, the bipod is sitting in a ziploc on my work bench...

Finally, last week, UTG wrote back, apologized for the delay (5 weeks) and said they're shipping me a set of screws, no charge...

Now I'm waiting for the new UTG screws to arrive...

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Big difference in price point for their US Made products: https://www.leapers.com/index.php?ac...357&status=utg

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VLODPG View Post
    Big difference in price point for their US Made products: https://www.leapers.com/index.php?ac...357&status=utg
    They look more expensive than a Harris or Magpul. Guess they must be superior?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567