Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: UTG/Leapers M-LOK Bipod

Feedback Score
    There's always the "old design but still works" Harris bipod.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    The main disadvantage that I see is that there is no swiveling with that type of bipod. This makes it pretty useless for anything except shooting off level surfaces.
    Non-issue for me... My trusty old Harris would swivel, but in ten years I've never "unlocked" it.

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade04 View Post
    If you are looking for a bipod to mount to a M-LOK handguard, look no further than the MAGPUL bipod...
    Love MagPul, but it's a different design. The genius of the UTG design is that it mounts to the sides of the forend, rather than the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    There's always the "old design but still works" Harris bipod.
    Have one. Love it. But I'm looking for something wider/more stable, almost like F-class.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mykdee View Post

So in short, UTG bi-pods are GTG!

Again,....that is YOUR opinion.
    I think it is an interesting concept, but after seeing one first hand, at the range, I will not spend the $52 on one.
    Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance.......

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    mykdee - you seriously need to drop the attitude. Go read your PM's and ponder any future posts.

Last warning.

And yeah, I liked the concept of this rail when Vltor invented it ten years ago.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    mykdee - you seriously need to drop the attitude. Go read your PM's and ponder any future posts.

Last warning.

And yeah, I liked the concept of this rail when Vltor invented it ten years ago.
    Last warning? Because I disagree with most on here!? Everyone can voice their opinions but I can’t? Maybe it is because it’s not in line with what most of you wanna be operators think! Last warning ��

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Last warning because you are rude and act like a dick.

Goodbye.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Can we go back to the subject now?? I think the biggest weakness of KM and M-LOC are accessories that project a distance from the rail stressing the relatively small fasteners and dogs that secure the. accessory. Vertical grips come to mind. I would think in a situation where the shooter had to move with the bipod deployed the connection wouldn't survive a 3-point landing even if the Leapers bipod did. Remember, the Vltor attached to a quad rail. I am not a bipod user for anything other than sighting in a rifle and I get by fine with a $35 Harris clone.
    Last edited by GH41; 11-18-18 at 15:51.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Can we go back to the subject now??
    Yes, please...

I think the biggest weakness of KM and M-LOC are accessories that project a distance from the rail stressing the relatively small fasteners and dogs that secure the. accessory...
    Agreed. I honestly don't yet have any experience with M-LOK — I'm shopping for "precision" uppers and thinking of a new/better bipod than my old Harris.

M-LOK doesn't look thaaaat substantial, but I figure if Magpul trusts one M-LOK attachment point at 6 o'clock to mount a bipod, then using one each at 3 and 9 o'clock should be OK.

And I don't even know what a 3-point landing is, but it sounds bad. If it happens, then the $50 bipod will be the least of my concerns.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The Arisaka Defense bipod adaptor for Harris is pretty nice. I attach it to a small section of their picatinny that has three Mlok fasteners. I load the bipod aggressively and I'm pretty confident I could drop the rifle bipod first.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Can we go back to the subject now?? I think the biggest weakness of KM and M-LOC are accessories that project a distance from the rail stressing the relatively small fasteners and dogs that secure the. accessory. Vertical grips come to mind. I would think in a situation where the shooter had to move with the bipod deployed the connection wouldn't survive a 3-point landing even if the Leapers bipod did. Remember, the Vltor attached to a quad rail. I am not a bipod user for anything other than sighting in a rifle and I get by fine with a $35 Harris clone.
    Agreed 100%
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast