Quote Originally Posted by dwhitehorne View Post
I took delivery of 250 in 2015 and 200 in 2016. Then in Dec 2017 Sig replaced all 450 of those and sent us 200 more in Jan 2018. I'm the Firearms Intake Officer and have function tested all 650 at least once. I have field striped the guns in DC where I work and lubed everyone of them to my standard for the 43 transition classes we have run so far. I think the redesigned giuns are nicer than the originals. My first gun had over 4000 rounds through it. I took it to FIRTP last summer before I switched it out in December. I never had an issue with my first gun. My second gun I have now went with me through a Mid-South class at Quantico in the Spring. I was the only Sig in the class of Glocks and everyone wanted to try my gun.

I will say I prefer the newer trigger shape to the older version. Other than that the guns shoot about the same for me. Having hundreds of guns to compare I see that different people assemble them. Some guns have white grease on some contact points. Some guns have no white grease on them at all. As for the triggers they are all similar. I can tell a few have a crisper break than others but my uncalibrated trigger finger has them pretty similar. I can tell the difference between a gun that is bone dry to one that is lubed up.

As for accuracy, we went from the P2000 LEM in 40 to the P320 carry in 9mm so universally the officers seem to prefer the Sig. Our course of fire is so easy I really don't see a difference in scores but the groups are definitely tighter.

We haven't had any issues with the new guns. All 450 of the old guns were removed from service in June so everyone with a Sig has the new model. We haven't has any of the new guns break. We did have an officer incorrectly disassemble his pistol take down lever (which is not authorized) and booger up the O ring.

The number one issue we had was the magazines. Our indoor range in DC has a concrete floor. The first two versions of mags we tried had the base plates come apart when being dropped. Only with people over 6 feet tall though. The newest mags with the updated guns have now gone through two qual session and we haven't had one move yet.

In the end we were definitely a beta tester. I knew it when the Pistol Eval Committee picked the Sig. Since Sig replaced every gun I can't complain. I will say the logistics of getting 450 guns off the street from DC, NY, CA and GA in 6 months was kind of a pain. David
It sounds like your agency has probably as much experience with the 320 as anyone other than maybe Texas DPS and, now of course, the Army.

It also sounds like the guns have been working well even with all the "recall" drama. Are you aware of any other problems? Any oddball broken parts or odd cases of spring fatigue not counting the user-induced O ring?

What is your duty load? +P or standard pressure? Do you use the same stuff for quals and practice?