Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: P320 M17 review on American Rifleman website

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

P320 M17 review on American Rifleman website

The pistol shot pretty well.

https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...20-m17-pistol/

What do we know about the M17 commercial model vs the Real Deal? What's different between the Army's pistol and the civilian one?

And what's the deal with the M18? Anyone heard a rumor about a commemorative or commercial model? Or maybe an M18 conversion kit?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tokarev; 11-17-18 at 19:39.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I’m still looking at this like “that’s a P250 in drag with a high bore-axis and a single action that has no trigger safety” so as much as I would like to get one, I won’t.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    The pistol shot pretty well.
    Everything shoots well in the American Rifleman, NRA trade publication.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hopetonbrown View Post
    Everything shoots well in the American Rifleman, NRA trade publication.
    Not necessarily. Check out this review:

https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...-power-pistol/
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Not necessarily. Check out this review:

https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...-power-pistol/
    Guess they did not buy enough advertising to get the story buffed.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Dang. Tough crowd!

Thank you, ladies and gentlemen. I'll be here all week!

Feedback Score
    Joking aside, mine shoots well. I need to get a holster for it. I put a TLR-8 on it.
    I will buy the M18 as a companion piece if they come out with it.

It’s a weird circle.
    We had huge service pistols in metal, like the M9.

Then a bunch of strikers with some size decrease.

Then full sized competion strikers.

Now full sized service striker pistols, FNX, M17, etc.

While I like full sized guns, compacts, and subcompacts just big enough to get a full grip on,
    I still am not enamored with full sized grips combined with compact slides/barrels.

But for some reason, a compact slide like a G19 with a subcompact grip like a G26 I could do.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    I'm somewhat disappointed in the American Rifleman for not doing a larger, dedicated piece to a new service pistol. This is big news for military connoisseurs and collectors and the M17 is in all likelihood the best service pistol ever conceived. Even if it is not, it is still a big deal and deserves some sizeable page space dedicated to introducing our new service pistol. Was hoping for a review of the actual contract gun vs. the commercial variant.

Tim

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sigmundsauer View Post
    I'm somewhat disappointed in the American Rifleman for not doing a larger, dedicated piece to a new service pistol. This is big news for military connoisseurs and collectors and the M17 is in all likelihood the best service pistol ever conceived. Even if it is not, it is still a big deal and deserves some sizeable page space dedicated to introducing our new service pistol. Was hoping for a review of the actual contract gun vs. the commercial variant.

Tim
    Print and online are not always the same. I'd expect a full-on magazine spread at some point in the near future.

Feedback Score
    Alright guys, enough with the sig 320 jokes, just drop it.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast