Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you recommend for a single stack 9mm with threaded barrel?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

What do you recommend for a single stack 9mm with threaded barrel?

I have a Makarov and a CZ83 that I was intending to use specifically with a silencer and subsonic ammo (as most 380 is).

However, due to the value of Makarovs and CZ83s going up plus the difficulty in swaping barrels as well as the cost of .380 I'm thinking of a different path.

I thinking a 9mm single stack with threaded barrel might be the way to go. NO SAO's.

Other than that what are your recommendations.

If it matter, regarding pricing, I am eligible for mil pricing.

TED

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I already have a couple Kahr pistols (older models) but want something with a better trigger. I also have a couple Walther CCP pistols but they dont offer a threaded barrel.

TED

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    You can get a threaded barrel for a Glock 43/43x, and I believe threaded barrels are made for the Shield too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Might consider CZs P10 series.
    Really good trigger for a striker gun.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Centerfire pistol suppressed is reaallly over-rated.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Are you worried about size for concealment (I would think not with a can, but some people have different plans than I)?

As has already been mentioned, G43/X is an option. You could also go with a 9mm 1911 format pistol. Different beasts that meet the same overall requirement. Threaded barrel single stack firearms...
    "SEND IT" happens to be my trigger words...

Feedback Score
    I have a SIG P225-A1 with the threaded barrel. Single stack in similar size to the Glock 19, traditional double action. The triggers have a reputation as good (mine is pretty good in double and single). There is a lot of grip to get ahold of, which might be appreciated with a can. The grip is skinner than double stack SIGS, but not tiny.

Price is... variable. I got a NIB five month pistol for less than I had in a 35-year old German Police turn-in P6 (an original P225 variant). Recently they have been blowing out the P225-A1s, with prices at $600 vs. the MSRP of $873. Everything SIG has a bit of a premium - magazines and accessories cost a bit more than commodity Glocks.

Feedback Score
    The shield is a good gun,i havent put a threaded barrel in mine, but they Are available.
    Id look at that or the new glock offerings.

Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Centerfire pistol suppressed is reaallly over-rated.
    Ive always heard this and dont get it.
    1. Its quiet (biggest complaint about mini micro cans which is also bs IMO).
    2. Its convenient- I train any time and not worry about neighbors getting pissed off.
    3. Being I have 50% chance of using a pistol for SD in the home, its nice to have it silenced.

A pistol can was my first, and I would do it over again🤷*♂️.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 03-17-19 at 20:03.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    The shield is a good gun,i havent put a threaded barrel in mine, but they Are available.
    Id look at that or the new glock offerings.

Ive always heard this and dont get it.
    1. Its quiet (biggest complaint about mini micro cans which is also bs IMO).
    2. Its convenient- I train any time and not worry about neighbors getting pissed off.
    3. Being I have 50% chance of using a pistol for SD in the home, its nice to have it silenced.

A pistol can was my first, and I would do it over again🤷*♂️.
    Agreed. Also, I have two different purposes in mind for this. However the main thing is to replace the Makarov and the CZ83 with something easier to suppress and in 9mm. I'm trying to eliminate 380 from my stable.

TED

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    +1 for Sig 225a1. It feels amazing in my hand, and shoots straight. The G10 grips are awesome, also. Sig’s 2xx DA/SA guns are still gtg.

Gripes are that it has a heavier than necessary hammer spring from the factory, which can be replaced with a lighter factory spring from another model (239, I think?) with ease. And the mag design is wonky. They could have fit another round in the same form factor with ease. My understanding is that its a mag for a different gun, and they just put a different baseplate on it.

The reason mine never gets carried is that its basically the same form factor as a PX4 Compact, but holds less rounds. Its also a pretty similar loaded weight with half the rounds. But, again, its a really good shooter, and the PX4 won’t fit your needs.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast