Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: P320 M17 review on American Rifleman website

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I don't know what it is with people and white grease. I had a Remington 308 sent to me recently because of light primer strikes. Same as you, the firing pin spring was so coated with white grease that it was slowing the firing pin down. That was the first time I had ever seen white grease on a spring. I guess people are thinking on the assembly line, if I get rid of this tube of grease I can take a longer smoke break going to get another tube. David

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    More 320 news.

https://www.foxnews.com/tech/air-for...rnizes-weapons

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    One thing with the Sig 'chassis' system, and I'm more than willing to be wrong about this...I thot' one of the requirements of the new service pistol was the modularity aspect, enabling different sized grips for the individual soldier, not simply different backstraps. The Glock doesn't permit this.
    Secondly, I thot' the notion included different barrel and slide lengths used with a common chassis, permitting adjustment for particular mission.
    On the last, many PDs seem to have adopted the G19 as the maid of all work, and it would seem to me that the M18 would fill that niche as well for the Armed Services.
    Moon

Feedback Score

P320 M17 review on American Rifleman website

Quote Originally Posted by halfmoonclip View Post
    One thing with the Sig 'chassis' system, and I'm more than willing to be wrong about this...I thot' one of the requirements of the new service pistol was the modularity aspect, enabling different sized grips for the individual soldier, not simply different backstraps. The Glock doesn't permit this.
    Secondly, I thot' the notion included different barrel and slide lengths used with a common chassis, permitting adjustment for particular mission.
    On the last, many PDs seem to have adopted the G19 as the maid of all work, and it would seem to me that the M18 would fill that niche as well for the Armed Services.
    Moon

Your assertions are incorrect. Pistols that didn’t meet their requirements did not pass the first phase of testing. Only Glock and Sig made it to the second phase. Testing was stopped before completion and awarded to Sig. Glock met requirements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edit to add that primary & secondary has a mod cast with Ash Hess who was in on the adoption that explains more about the trial and contract.
    Last edited by lsllc; 03-15-19 at 10:45.

Feedback Score
    Is anyone here actually into the modular chassis concept?
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    Is anyone here actually into the modular chassis concept?
    Some benefits for institutional purchasers. Some specific use cases for individuals, depending on local laws, tax stamp costs, maybe some competition minded folks with particular needs. For most people, however, there is not much practical advantage. Modularity won't be a determining purchase factor for the vast majority of consumer purchasers, as most use cases aren't affected by a grip swap.

So "into" it, as a concept, sure. Fantastic idea. I have one. I still use a Gen3 Glock. My wife still uses a CZ. My kids still use Red Ryder. The Red Ryders were probably the least modular of the four despite being on the market the longest. I was very disappointed in the lack of aftermarket support.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I recently attended a law enforcement firearms instructor course. Most of the students were running Glocks but one officer was using a 320 full size.

He says his department has authorized the compact conversion kit as an option for those wishing or needing to carry a smaller package. Only caveat is that one of the armorers must perform the swap.

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    What I've liked thus far, with the P365 and the M17, is the ability to pull the chassis from the poly lower and clean it without taking anything else apart. My M17 is reputed to be the medium size, and it fits me well. I can picture new lowers, available in the future, for exchange...I presume Sig already has 3 sizes OEM.
    Isllc, the modularity aspect had been touted for quite some time before the selection was made; what I'm hearing here, now, sounds different. So it goes; might have been internet bs.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    It'll be interesting to see the outcome of the lawsuit that Steyr brought against SIG regarding the chassis concept.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    It'll be interesting to see the outcome of the lawsuit that Steyr brought against SIG regarding the chassis concept.
    Is Steyr also suing Ruger and Beretta?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast