Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Glock 43 with Crimson Trace Laserguard Pro to be my winter blaster?

Feedback Score
    My J-frames are praying for your soul.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    My J-frames are praying for your soul.
    Amen !

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I own ten J-frames, and two Glock 43's.

There's probably a lesson lurking in there somewhere.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Thanks for the info, Greg. I will look into one. I have had pretty good results with the CT lasers on wheelguns.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I own ten J-frames, and two Glock 43's.

There's probably a lesson lurking in there somewhere.
    Yeah. Get with the times and ditch the wheel guns!

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Yeah. Get with the times and ditch the wheel guns!
    LOL. You would be stunned to know how many wheelguns I have. I took all the long guns out of one safe, and just installed shelves for nothing but pistols. Most of them are S&W revolvers.

And I'll play, if the good counselor will entertain the thread drift. For pocket carry, I have found that it is faster and easier for me to get a good drawstroke and a first round hit. By that, I mean a round in the black on a B-8 target at 5 yards and in.

The G43 tends to snag more frequently. I've tried numerous holsters, and done hours of presentations and dry practice with one.

The shape of a J-frame lends itself to a faster draw from the weakside pocket. That's where I always have one. It's usually a Smith&Wesson 342 - titanium frame and cylinder, it weighs just over 10 ounces unloaded.

If you look at the research done by the Force Science Institute, and Tom Givens of Rangemaster, the first person with the accurate shot wins between 90 and 92 percent of gunfights. I work really hard on first-round hits - either from the primary G19 or the secondary 342.

A Glock 19 is my primary, and always will be. It's carried right-hand at 3:00. But, however, comma, it is frequently advantageous to have one's hand on a J-frame in the left pocket.

So if I am already carrying a pistol IWB on my strong side, why bother with a G43? When I can carry a G19 or G17 just as easily?

The answer for me for the last 20 years, has been "both". Strongside G19 and weakside J frame.

It's a useful tool for specific scenarios.

The two G43's are frequently loaner guns for my daughter. That's why I own them. She usually carries one AIWB, and shoots like a boss.

Besides, you would be amazed how well you could likely shoot a good revolver. Wander over here to Texas sometime, and I'll loan you one. We'll go to the range with a few hundred rounds and you'll have a blast.

Feedback Score
    The J-frame works really well when the end of the barrel is touching the target.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    J frames are my all time favorite handy gun. Works every time and can be safely carried even without a holster. A J frame sits in my pocket all day, especially when I can't wear a jacket.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    J frames are my all time favorite handy gun. Works every time and can be safely carried even without a holster. A J frame sits in my pocket all day, especially when I can't wear a jacket.
    Yes, with the CT grip and the apex trigger it is THE pocket gun. It sounds like the G43 is hard to pocket carry. But the G43 is so much more shootable.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It would work for me for pocket carry very well. I regularly pocket carry a CPX-2 as a BUG (yes I know, gasp, but it runs well!) and the G43 works as well or better, as I've tried it.

Used to rock a J-frame in that role, before I had to sell it, and I do agree with the above, the J-frame does come out of the pocket more smoothly.

Sorry for my contribution to the thread derailment.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast