Feedback Score
    45 (100%)

Walther PPS M2 recall

Walther PPS M2 recall

Just a heads up for PPS M2 owners.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Alas, mine is affected. My ex wife's former CCP was, too. That said, Walther's service is top notch.

Feedback Score
    Sent that link to my brother his EDC is a PPS M2.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the heads up. Mine is in the range and it’s my EDC. Walther could never get my PPQ 40 running right and they were jerks about it to boot. I hope they don’t screw this up too. Does anyone know if the trigger feel will be impacted?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I took it to the local Office Max, who is a FedEX shipper but she told me that they can't ship guns because they don't have the license for it . It wasn't worth the argument. I got a medium-size express shipping box from her, put the gun in it, slapped the label on, and put it in the drop box next to their front door. I have a PPS that I can carry in the interim if I need to.

Feedback Score
    After submitting my information I received a confirmation email from Walther. However, I have yet to received the FedEx shipping label. For those who have submitted, did the FedEx label come at the same time as the confirmation email or was it sometime later?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I printed the label, put the box in a FedEX drop box on 11/22. It was delivered back to me on 12/03. Trigger feels the same.
    Last edited by Hmac; 12-10-18 at 06:19.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    I took it to the local Office Max, who is a FedEX shipper but she told me that they can't ship guns because they don't have the license for it . It wasn't worth the argument. I got a medium-size express shipping box from her, put the gun in it, slapped the label on, and put it in the drop box next to their front door. I have a PPS that I can carry in the interim if I need to.
    That sounds like a felony.

You have to inform the shipper that there is a firearm in the box. That didn't automatically happen just because Walther purchased a shipping label. Plus, you left a handgun in a not-so-secure box outside.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/may-...ntract-carrier
    Last edited by Gödel; 12-12-18 at 02:23.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    After submitting my information I received a confirmation email from Walther. However, I have yet to received the FedEx shipping label. For those who have submitted, did the FedEx label come at the same time as the confirmation email or was it sometime later?
    You should have been able to print one from the confirmation screen after you submitted online. It didn’t work for me and I had to call and have them email me one.

FWIW, it took about 2 weeks door to door for mine to come back.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gödel View Post
    That sounds like a felony.

You have to inform the shipper that there is a firearm in the box. That didn't automatically happen just because Walther purchased a shipping label. Plus, you left a handgun in a not-so-secure box outside.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/may-...ntract-carrier
    Sounds like a felony...

It’s legal for me to ship a pistol by common or contract carrier to a manufacturer, and a manufacturer can ship it back directly to me by the same route. Obviously I told her it was a firearm, which is how she knew and then refused. There’s nothing illegal about popping the box into a dropbox, and of course in that case, there’s no one to inform. So.....no problem.

Last edited by Hmac; 12-12-18 at 07:24.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast