Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MPA Chassis Experiences?

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    I was looking hard at an MPA BA Lite. There are two reasons I didn't pull the trigger;

1) proprietary connectors with a refusal to move to m-lok

2) known issues with their side folding adapter not locking up tight, although they did recently redesign this in order to correct this issue (the jury is still out on the new adapter)

I ended up with a carbon fiber McMillan A3-5 instead. If MPA were to offer Mlok I would take another look at it. I also have interest in JP's new chassis.
    a former meatpuppet.

http://sixty-six.org

Feedback Score
    The lack of Mlok is interesting. I think the Swiss Acra rail is the way right now, but my guess is a smaller version that would allow you to do it on all four sides (or really bottom and the sides) of a forend will be how the gun version diverts from the camera version. I like those small holes and barrier stops, but I’m guessing that is proprietary?

The MDT ACC can be weighted up, but a pair of weights for the forend are $59 a pair? It can take, and they show it with 5 sets, that $300 for weights that are just Mlok attach....

From what I saw of the JP Chassis from the Frank and Brian Whalen (who is a great instructor BTW) videos, it has the same round forend with the round holes as their AR guns. Hopefully that is just a prototype and the real one will have more functionality.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    From what I saw of the JP Chassis from the Frank and Brian Whalen (who is a great instructor BTW) videos, it has the same round forend with the round holes as their AR guns. Hopefully that is just a prototype and the real one will have more functionality.
    I believe I read somewhere that Mlok would be an option, but I wouldn't hold my breath as it's pushing a year since announcement with no production model available. Even without mlok the JP handguard will still be a draw -the knurling they use is fantastic to grip and it just feels nice in the hand.
    a former meatpuppet.

http://sixty-six.org

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    The lack of Mlok is interesting. I think the Swiss Acra rail is the way right now, but my guess is a smaller version that would allow you to do it on all four sides (or really bottom and the sides) of a forend will be how the gun version diverts from the camera version. I like those small holes and barrier stops, but I’m guessing that is proprietary?

The MDT ACC can be weighted up, but a pair of weights for the forend are $59 a pair? It can take, and they show it with 5 sets, that $300 for weights that are just Mlok attach....

The ACC will also take weights that slide inside of the forend (the set of 5 is $144), as well as a weight that attaches to the butt stock.

The original MPA barricade stop system using push pins is proprietary (there are a few other chassis and a Manners variant that also use it) but it seems like most of what MPA has done recently uses the RRS/Arca rail standard.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12