Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1.54 vs 1.93 optic height for Razor 1-6

Feedback Score

1.54 vs 1.93 optic height for Razor 1-6

Just ordered a Razor Gen 2 1-6 and looking at mounts. This will be mounted on a BCM 11.5" pistol with SBA3 brace and a BCM 16" Recce. I am trying to decide on which height and brand of mount. I like the looks of Geissele and Scalarworks. This will just be for range use and home defense. I like the looks of the 1.93" but hate to spend so much $$ and then find out it is not for me. Are there any suggestions that would steer me toward a particular height ? thanks

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    The 1.93 height places the center of the optic at the same height as an EOTech EXPS, for reference.

“Better” is subjective, but I greatly prefer the slightly higher mounting of a 1.93 mount. Lets me keep my head more upright when shouldering the rifle and feels more natural than a lower mount.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    There was another discussion on mounts and IIRC consensus seemed to be that 1.93 was better for all positions except for prone.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    Then it seems you have an answer.

The overwhelming majority of shooters would not be able to tell a difference when shooting prone. Don’t let that worry you. I go between an ACOG (which sits lower) and the 1.93 height stuff frequently and it’s negligible.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post

The overwhelming majority of shooters would not be able to tell a difference when shooting prone. Don’t let that worry you. I go between an ACOG (which sits lower) and the 1.93 height stuff frequently and it’s negligible.
    Thanks, I tend to overthink things. I was just looking for some validation regarding the 1.93". I am leaning towards Geissele since Scalarworks won't be available for about a month.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Height over bore matters to me. I need an absolute height, nothing less and nothing more. I was about to order an ADM for my PST 2 when I spotted a 104 not doing anything so I used it. It's darn perfect at 1.5 for me while prone or just standing.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post

How can they not tell? The difference in a cheek weld barely touching the stock and feeling welded to it is very noticeable between the height differences. Too low, and prone is just unbearable. Too high, I feel like my head is barely on the stock and it actually effects my accuracy negatively at distance.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I really think it all depends on how you shoot. If you don't shoot in the prone at least 50% of the time, most people will be better suited with the 1.93. I think the "face barely touching the stock" is vastly overblown, but then again, I rarely shoot prone and I do feel like my neck is scrunched when shooting with a 1.54.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    I just wish they ( Geissele ) made an 1.93" extended. From what I have read, the Razor 1-6 needs a lot of eye relief.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    So what you're saying is that the height is at best, subjective and not based on the best height because that too is just an opinion and not something universal.

Been shooting the AR since 1990, first issued rifle was the M-16A1. I just may know a thing or two about shooting from both the prone and standing/kneeling/sitting and know what's best for me in regards to marksmanship. I was there for the ride when the transition was done between carry handle irons to today's modern CQO and RCO uses of marksmanship. Trained to use both as time went on and deployments came and went into two theaters of GWOT.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast