Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
The article I posted is just one of the many I've read. My opthalmologist agrees weight-lifting is a risk.
A known risk of causation or contraindicated for those prone to it (who is prone and who is not far from clear) or those with it? Review I posted is the most recent I could find as it does not appear to support a cause and effect relationship, and suggests a number of other factors that also need to be considered. If your opthalmologist has data showing otherwise, by all means post it so i can read it.

Benefits outweighing risk? That's fine and good until you start going blind, then what do you say about it?
Stats apply to groups, not individuals, and that's assuming cause and effect, which is not supported. My mother refused to wear her seat belt because when she was a kid she had a friend who car went off a cliff and he escaped last second. I never saw that as a reason not to wear my belt (as the risk/benefit strongly favors wearing it) while that n=1 example was enough for her not to.

I'm one to err on the side of not doing any more weightlifting. Instead I now make sure my workout has plenty of walking and other activities that are known to decrease intraocular pressure.

YMMV but to me it's just not worth possibly going blind when I can do other exercises that actually help my condition.
But in your case, as someone who has that condition, it's likely contra indicated for you, which is a different issue altogether. From The Glaucoma Research Foundation, and they don't appear to advise people avoid RT:

https://www.glaucoma.org/glaucoma/do...t-glaucoma.php