Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone know anything about Bear Creek Arsenal?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Anyone know anything about Bear Creek Arsenal?

Their prices are even lower than PSA. Too good to be true? Just wondering if anyone here has experience with any of their products and service.

Feedback Score
    To be blunt. They are very slow usually and their quality control is pretty hit and miss. They will take care of you if something is wrong......just remember the original mentioning of slow.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Gave away barrels for veterans.

From my free one this year..they gave away over 3000 barrels.

Whatever ya gotta say..I love and appreciate my barrel and its as close to one of the nicest gifts I ever got.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I believe in peace, love and extremely violent weapons systems... just in case that whole peace-and-love thing doesn't work out.

Feedback Score
    They may be nice to veterans and I appreciate the gesture, but if you are looking for quality stay away. They are lower end and I have heard of multiple issues with out of spec parts, barrel chambers and other issues

Occasionally do read a good review on a barrel and they are cheap but I prefer not to play roulette with something I need to depends on

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    They're total trash and lots of people love their low prices.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    They're total trash and lots of people love their low prices.
    I, too, have seen horror stories about their barrels. I have also seen some praising them. I can say the same things about some other barrels. When you buy because of cheap prices, you are playing with fire. I found this out one time with a Radical Firearms barrel. Never again will I buy cheap, unless a tried and true manufacturer has their quality barrels on sale and, even still, they are more expensive than the cheap barrels. Put your money where it counts. It starts with a good quality barrel. Be ready to spend around $200 or better for a good quality barrel from a well-known and reputable manufacturer. BCA and a few others do not fall into that category.
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I don’t consider myself rich. I don’t even consider myself comfortable. Fortunate, no doubt. Maybe my perception is skewed. Maybe I’ve been burned too many times. Maybe I don’t get that high that some guys get when they score a good deal.

Whatever it may be, my life is so much easier when I don’t bargain basement shop.

I’m not just talking about guns, either. Do I drive a Lamborghini? No, of course not. But I also don’t drive a Pontiac Aztek. Or buy a used shit TV. I look for a good value in my cell phone, ceiling fan, garage door opener, toilet paper, etc (I bet some of these bottom feeder gun buyer types buy that cheap single ply stuff that tears every time you use it...)

If I want something and I can’t afford to get the quality version of it - it means I can’t afford it. How much do you really save buying a cheap barrel when you’re dealing with potential accuracy issues or it’s so over gassed you can’t even suppress it? Keep in mind I said potential. You might have bought cheap and gotten away with it. But don’t you people worry that one day maybe you won’t? If you bought three off brand barrels it only takes one bad one to lose all that money you saved not buying good ones to begin with, not to mention the most important aspect of life - your time.

Note that I’m not referring to people who wait for a good deal on an identical item. There’s nothing wrong with shopping around. (Although I don’t quite understand the extent some guys go to for that, either. What’s saving $50 mean to me when I can get a Sionics barrel delivered to my house by Friday instead of waiting for Black Friday next year?)

Good luck. I wouldn’t use one of their barrels even if it were free. Just like I wouldn’t drive an Aztek if you gave it to me.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I don’t consider myself rich. I don’t even consider myself comfortable. Fortunate, no doubt. Maybe my perception is skewed. Maybe I’ve been burned too many times. Maybe I don’t get that high that some guys get when they score a good deal.

Whatever it may be, my life is so much easier when I don’t bargain basement shop.

I’m not just talking about guns, either. Do I drive a Lamborghini? No, of course not. But I also don’t drive a Pontiac Aztek. Or buy a used shit TV. I look for a good value in my cell phone, ceiling fan, garage door opener, toilet paper, etc (I bet some of these bottom feeder gun buyer types buy that cheap single ply stuff that tears every time you use it...)

If I want something and I can’t afford to get the quality version of it - it means I can’t afford it. How much do you really save buying a cheap barrel when you’re dealing with potential accuracy issues or it’s so over gassed you can’t even suppress it? Keep in mind I said potential. You might have bought cheap and gotten away with it. But don’t you people worry that one day maybe you won’t? If you bought three off brand barrels it only takes one bad one to lose all that money you saved not buying good ones to begin with, not to mention the most important aspect of life - your time.

Note that I’m not referring to people who wait for a good deal on an identical item. There’s nothing wrong with shopping around. (Although I don’t quite understand the extent some guys go to for that, either. What’s saving $50 mean to me when I can get a Sionics barrel delivered to my house by Friday instead of waiting for Black Friday next year?)

Good luck. I wouldn’t use one of their barrels even if it were free. Just like I wouldn’t drive an Aztek if you gave it to me.
    This should be read twice. I mostly agree with what you say, frequently disagree with the delivery but this is gold. I feel this way about almost all purchases I make and your reasons why.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Kind of what I figured. Ain't no free lunch. I just came across them and wondered. I knew the knowledge base here would illuminate things.

Barrel's the soul of a rifle, for sure. No place to skimp. I just put a Ballistic Advantage barrel in an SPR build of mine, couldn't be happier with it. (First learned of them from members of this site, what a find!) Worth every penny. More accurate than I am.

I've had good luck with what I've gotten from PSA so far, and BCAs prices were even lower. I guess like everything in life, you get what you pay for. Had no intention of buying from them until they were somehow vetted in my eyes.

Feedback Score
    A friend of mine just bought a 6.5 Grendel from them a month ago... 20"-24" Fluted SS barrel/Complete Upper... I Can't wait to see how she shoots, but from a fit and finish stand point,
    the Upper fit nice and Tight to his Lower.... It looked Really NICE!
    IF You'd like, I'll report back how it shoots, when he gets back in town and we go run some rounds down range with it?
    Peace

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast