Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How the Supreme Court can help restore the Constitution

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    While immigrants voting democrat may be an issue in California, it is also overrun with Caucasian liberals as well. However, this could all be cured if even 50% of the self described conservatives would have gotten off their ass and voted.
    Couldn't agree more. Only 53% of all Texas registered voters voted in the midterm. I suppose I should have been grateful, as 53% was above the national average, but it still is still POs me.
    Last edited by austinN4; 11-21-18 at 09:31.

Feedback Score
    Given John Roberts quote today defending the treasonous 9th circuit, I don’t want any gun cases heard. Need to hold out until Ginsburg is replaced.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thepatriot2705 View Post
    Given John Roberts quote today defending the treasonous 9th circuit, I don’t want any gun cases heard. Need to hold out until Ginsburg is replaced.
    I won’t diswgree with you, but all I read was we don’t have Trump or Obama judges or Bush or Clinton judges. I wouldn’t take too much out of that statement. He is the guy who allowed Obamacare to be declared constitutional, but I’m not sure I’m ready to write him off as a leftist judicial activist just yet. I mean he did rule the right way in Heller he. DC and the other significant case McDonald vs. Chicago.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    That sounds nice in theory, but they are voting to strip away your rights, strip away the country as founded and voting for unsustainable debt which is going to lead to the “America, you know” to being an America you don’t know. Immigration is fine if it were controlled, people allowed to assimilate and we were allowing people in that were not heavily dependent on the government, at least not for any sustained length of time. The liberal elites are not the problem, these assholes exist everywhere and the only reason they have the power they do is because of a large underclass (which they want and need to be sustained).
    So people who don't think like you shouldn't be allowed to vote? And you have the pot calling the kettle black here. Which party has voted for unsustanable debt? I'll help you out, it's not the Democrats. And The current party in power is kept afloat by a large underclass.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by morbidbattlecry View Post
    So people who don't think like you shouldn't be allowed to vote? And you have the pot calling the kettle black here. Which party has voted for unsustanable debt? I'll help you out, it's not the Democrats. And The current party in power is kept afloat by a large underclass.
    Way to misconstrue what I stated. The debt doubled under Obama and the trajectory change we were put on under a democrat controlled house and senate during his first years, but you know this and are being disengenious.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by morbidbattlecry View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    Way to misconstrue what I stated. The debt doubled under Obama and the trajectory change we were put on under a democrat controlled house and senate during his first years, but you know this and are being disengenious.
    Both parties have been negligent in their handling of the debt:

Barack Obama: Added $8.588 trillion, a 74-percent increase from the $11.657 trillion debt at the end of Bush’s last budget, FY 2009.
    Obama inherited an unfunded war, and the after effects of TARP and the Auto Bailout.

George W. Bush: Added $5.849 trillion, a 101-percent increase from the $5.8 trillion debt at the end of Clinton's last budget, FY 2001. An unfunded war, and a financial crisis thanks to unfettered greed resulted in TARP and the Auto Bailout.

Bill Clinton: Added $1.396 trillion, a 32-percent increase from the $4.4 trillion debt at the end of George H.W. Bush's last budget, FY 1993.

George H.W. Bush: Added $1.554 trillion, a 54-percent increase from the $2.857 trillion debt at the end of Reagan's last budget, FY 1989.

Ronald Reagan: Added $1.86 trillion, a 186-percent increase from the $998 billion debt at the end of Carter's last budget, FY 1981. How about that Laffer Curve? IMO supply side didn't work, but ending the Cold War was worth it until a couple years ago.

Jimmy Carter: Added $299 billion, a 43-percent increase from the $699 billion debt at the end of Ford's last budget, FY 1977.

You can't wage war, or continue to wage war unless you take steps to fund the war. The GWOT has added $2 trillion to the debt as of the FY 2018 budget. As a counterpoint, WWII, adjusted for inflation to today’s dollars, cost over $4 trillion and in 1945, the war’s last year, defense spending comprised about 40% of GDP.

When you consider how both those wars have been/were funded a couple of things jump out: America's highest income tax rates during WWII were 88 - 94%; during the GWOT they have been 35.5 to 33% (tax cuts in the middle of a war?); In WWII America was totally involved, War Bonds, Scrap Drives, Victory Gardens, Gas Rationing, over 12% of the population served in WWII; currently only about 0.5% serve in the Armed Forces, while the American Public has superficially supported our troops - with magnetic stickers and "Thank you for your service" - they really have disassociated themselves, no tax hardship, etc.

That is not a sidetrack rant, it just points out the extent to which the general public has abdicated their responsibilities to govern and defend themselves.

As far as Congress and Presidents Bush and Obama handling the budget, as one who lost over $400,000.00 between 2008 and 2009, I'm pretty freaking glad that the government bailed out the banks and the auto industry, as I'm sure are the over 250.000 people who lost their jobs while all this was transpiring.

As far as a trajectory change in my 401K, President Obama and the boys done me pretty good after the recession, true, the economy has been cooking so far during President Trump's admin, but it was generally rising during Obama's presidency, enough so that I retired in the middle of his second term.

There is plenty of blame to pass around.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 11-22-18 at 22:07.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123