Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Preferred 7.62x39 AR using AK mags other than CMMG?

Feedback Score
    PSA is advertising their new, improved Gen 2 KS-47. looks pretty good actually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwTwrThdNRU

Feedback Score
    I've run a few ARs in 7.62x39 with the hybrid AR mags. They're a lot better than they were 5 years ago.
    Currently running a 16" PSA & 10" Radical Firearms uppers. So far no issues with either, 100% reliable with CPD gen III mags. Reliable LRHO too. Both uppers came with enhanced firing pins and run commercial steel ammo fine with std. single stage GI triggers.

If you already have a ton of AK mags be aware that a lot of non-AK platforms that have magwells don't work with all surplus mags. I ran a PTR-32 for several years and it only ran 100% with Magpul MOE mags. Bulgarians didn't fit, Hungarians were iffy and while Romys ran the best, some of mine didn't.

No experience with the PSA Ak47 but the biggest complaint I see is there's no over insertion stop for the mag. Which means with a steel surplus mag the bolt can hit the back of the mag. I think the PSA AK47 is the cheapest option for an AR taking AK mags. They don't come around often so I wouldn't waste time making up your mind.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wanderson View Post
    No experience with the PSA Ak47 but the biggest complaint I see is there's no over insertion stop for the mag. Which means with a steel surplus mag the bolt can hit the back of the mag. I think the PSA AK47 is the cheapest option for an AR taking AK mags. They don't come around often so I wouldn't waste time making up your mind.
    one of the advertised features of the Gen 2 PSA KS47 is that they added an over-insertion stop. no, I don't have one, but I did watch the video and stayed in a Holiday Inn Express.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12