Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sub $100 BUIS recoomendations

Feedback Score

Sub $100 BUIS recoomendations

I am in the market for a BUIS for a shorty rifle.

I am looking to spend as little as possible right now, and would like to make the purchase this week.

Any suggestions, and links?
    Better known as "The CAC"!

"One is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully."

By: Lt Col Jeff Cooper, U.S.M.C., RIP

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Glockster35
    I am in the market for a BUIS for a shorty rifle.

I am looking to spend as little as possible right now, and would like to make the purchase this week.

Any suggestions, and links?
    Larue Fixed BUIS, $89. http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetac...tail.bok?no=29

ETA: My friend recently got a YHM rear flip-up sight, I had a chance to shoot it a couple weekend ago and it was servicable. I think it was in the $70-80 range? I don't have a link handy but there are lots of YHM dealers out there.
    --Josh H.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    For fixed, LT. For flip up, ARMS #40/#40A2 ($90).

C4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD
    The finest fixed BUIS available, IMO.

Feedback Score
    I like the Arms mounts mentioned above, but still looking for inputs. Who has the lowest prices on these?

The LaRue, although it may be considered the best on the market, I should have mentioned I need it to be a flip sight. If I cannot find what I need, it is an option though.

"One is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully."

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Glockster35
    I like the Arms mounts mentioned above, but still looking for inputs. Who has the lowest prices on these?

The LaRue, although it may be considered the best on the market, I should have mentioned I need it to be a flip sight. If I cannot find what I need, it is an option though.

I have the ARMS BUIS's in stock for $90.

C4

Feedback Score
    Grant,

What are the differences in the two ARMS mounts you listed?

Feedback Score

LaRue BUIS..

Another vote for the LaRue BUIS. Robust, built like a tank. I prefer the SPA (same plane aperature) for my application. Nothing to flip up or flip down. It is the tits!
    "Most standards are set low to accomodate the bottom feeders of life who lack the personal pride, motivation and determination to rise above the rest." - Paul Howe

Feedback Score
    Does the LaRue get in the way of using optics? I think it would be difficult to use a red dot if I had something always upright.

Feedback Score
    Grant,

I just noticed the ARMS 40A2 in the Bushmaster catalog. Seems they suggest a .040 taller front sight. Do you have those also? Or are they even necessary?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast