Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: .22LR ammo advice needed

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    For plinking I buy Remington Golden Bullet (not Thunderbolt) and for hunting CCI. I have not had any problems with that particular Remington round (out of semi autos, bolt action or revolver) and it is cheap enough for plinking. CCI is just plain accurate- especially their sub sonic hp out of a bolt action.
    Last edited by flenna; 11-22-18 at 07:22.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    You gotta see what your gun likes with accuracy and feeding / ejection. Buy small quantities before buying 5,000 rounds. I like the Federal Auto stuff for semi autos. I also found it to offer acceptable accuracy.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    If you are going to suppress it, save your money on CCI subsonic and buy CCI standard velocity. It is still subsonic. More readily available and higher velocity.

Sub is 710fps
    SV is 1070fps

But like PB stated, make sure it likes The ammo first.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_click_off View Post
    If you are going to suppress it, save your money on CCI subsonic and buy CCI standard velocity. It is still subsonic. More readily available and higher velocity.

Sub is 710fps
    SV is 1070fps

Nice tip, thanks.

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Agree that it's hard to go wrong with CCI standard velocity. Great ammo.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Another vote for CCI standard...I use it for plinking and CCI subsonic HPs for varmints. They shoot to same POI in my 10/22.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_click_off View Post

Sub is 710fps
    SV is 1070fps

CCI Standard Velocity worked good for me too. The WOLF black box as well. Green Tag wasn't that thrilling in my gun..... I forget which other flavors I tried.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have used everything from Wolf extra match to basic bulk ammo and I suggest you try every brand you can get your hands on and see what your gun like. The two 10/22 I have tricked out like the same ammo which is nice but my factory 10/22 likes other brands.

Some of my top performers, CCI standard velocity, GemTech standard velocity, Wolf extra match.

Now for plinking or shooting long distance I don't waste my standard velocity stash. I get good results with Federal auto match, Blazers, Basically anything made by Federal HV.

Here are some targets, 100y and 150y with basic bulk ammo from my tricked out 10/22.

If your happy with the results and can find it whenever you want I say that's a great ammo choice.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Another vote for CCI Standard Velocity and Mini Mag.

CCI has been the most consistent rimfire ammo for me. I shoot a good bit using my 10-22 and MK-II semi-autos and most of the other brands will have an occasional under-powered or dud round.

I am sure match ammo from any company would be consistent and reliable.

My Iver Johnson single shot rifle is fun to shoot with CCI Quiet ammo (hell, it's fun to shoot period, but I avoid HV ammo in it).

Andy

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Double tap...
    Last edited by AndyLate; 11-25-18 at 20:41.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast