Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: .22LR ammo advice needed

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    Wow, this is intense... I had heard urban legends about this kind of thing, but this is really impressive.
    Did you go back to shooting Thunderbolts the second session? Or was it another ammo that leaded up the barrels again so quickly?
    I had light leading from the CCI following my first deleading attempt.
    Subsequent trips have yielded less leading, but I am now hyper attentive to the bores.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    Just make sure and throw some desiccant packs in with them for the long term. Moisture will still get through. A metal can cannister is best. Case in point: RC car fuel. It will draw moisture through the plastic bottles its stored in. That's why they recommend metal bottles for it if you will not use it within one month.

Feedback Score
    Has anyone shot that CCI red tip 'green ammo'. It sounds like it is a lot cleaner running? Looking to use it in an MP15-22 and PSA 22lr dedicated upper. Has what I look for 40gr and fast. Wanted to know if it was really cleaner.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    I have shot some CCI but not those. I have best luck with the Federal 550 round box & sometimes the Winchester, but the Winchester doesn't seem as good, or my pistols just don't like it much.

Feedback Score
    I’ve been buying three or four boxes of 22 here and there to support my habit. Realized I was down to around 1200 rounds when I thought I had a lot more. I was looking to buy a 5000 round case, and I was wondering if the C.C.I.‘s were worth the extra penny or two per round. I hate cleaning guns, I hate cleaning 22s the most.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=FromMyColdDeadHand; I hate cleaning guns, I hate cleaning 22s the most.[/QUOTE]

I hear you, an older Ruger Mark II my grandson shoots has developed some problems, & it has always been a pain to get it cleaned to my satisfaction. Clean shooting ammo would be a blessing.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Best two pieces of 22LR advice I ever received, from a women on the Olympic Shooting Team, was to (1) never brush a 22LR bore, use jags/patches/mops only and (2) get 6 or more different loads and clean barrel. Shoot 5 to ‘lube’ the bore w/ that bullet’s lube, then fire for the group. Clean again and repeat. Repeat!

I did this once, recorded it & have the targets ‘somewhere’, rifle benched and scoped at 50-yards and the smallest group was ~1/2” ragged hole, with the largest ... 3 to 4” with fliers!
    Given that 10-shots are a group and 5-shots may be a favorable trend ... know that just one good 3-shot group can make you an instant internet superstar!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    I’ve been buying three or four boxes of 22 here and there to support my habit. Realized I was down to around 1200 rounds when I thought I had a lot more. I was looking to buy a 5000 round case, and I was wondering if the C.C.I.‘s were worth the extra penny or two per round. I hate cleaning guns, I hate cleaning 22s the most.

CCI standard 40 grain is the poor man's match ammo. Buy it.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345