Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How Does the Dot-Mil Issue the M4?

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    Another question: Is bayonet fighting even a thing anymore on the hi tech battlefield?
    The British did it once in OIF, iirc. Ran low on ammo when fighting from one ditch to another and charged, or something like that.

Feedback Score
    Maybe it's making a come back. But here is what you need to attach your bayonet to a carbine with a 16 in barrel. http://www.triple-r-products.com/home.html

Feedback Score
    We were issued the M4A1s recently. They came in card board boxes with Ma Tech BUIS, black GI Slings and RAS rails made by P&S. A KAC style vertical fore grip and rail covers were also included.
    Last edited by cd228; 11-26-18 at 20:30.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    That'll vary quite a bit. I usually see them with Matech rear sights. And rails.
    That's how I got mine, 2011.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Another question: Is bayonet fighting even a thing anymore on the hi tech battlefield?
    Nope. I went through infantry OSUT back in 2011 and we didn't even do the bayonet course. Most units have giant tough boxes with them just sitting around, and some have even started turning them in I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman_04 View Post
    The carbines and rifles are received by units with carry handles attached.
    Not my experience.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Not my experience.
    Have you ever done a delivery acceptance inspection? My experience may be a bit dated also and the Army vs. Marine thing.
    "Knowledge without experience is just information"--Mark Twain

Hindsight is 6920

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Carry handle? MBUS? Matech sight? When a new military M4 is uncrated at the base, what comes with it?
    This depends upon which contract it was purchased under.

Feedback Score
    OP,
    Thank you for bringing this up...what about other stuff? For example, can a soldier decide to buy a bunch of Brownell mags, their own sling & optic? Or, what about being “in country” and needing something? I recall reading that many 30 round magazines cam from family and unofficial channels during Vietnam. Do soldiers still get sent gear, knives, etc?
    Thank you.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MSW View Post
    OP,
    Thank you for bringing this up...what about other stuff? For example, can a soldier decide to buy a bunch of Brownell mags, their own sling & optic? Or, what about being “in country” and needing something? I recall reading that many 30 round magazines cam from family and unofficial channels during Vietnam. Do soldiers still get sent gear, knives, etc?
    Thank you.
    Much of that depends on chain-of-command(COC). For example, in 2013 my COC only allowed black furniture since the rifles were issued with black furniture. Many of us purchased our own magazines, sling, etc. I didn't have need of much since the Army was pretty much caught up on supply by the year, esp where I was. You will probably hear something different based on command, location, year, and branch. Everyone knows POGs have it easier than grunts, but when we'd work with the Sir Force, even our POGs looked like grunts, and all the Air Force personnel had to do was ask for what they wanted.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mlberry View Post
    Maybe it's making a come back. But here is what you need to attach your bayonet to a carbine with a 16 in barrel. http://www.triple-r-products.com/home.html
    Interesting product that I never knew existed (or that there was a demand for). I give the guy credit for coming up with it.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast