Quote Originally Posted by Gunnar da Wolf View Post
Kind of like Penny on Big Bang Theory said after watching Raiders of the Lost Ark for the first time? Her opinion was that Indiana Jones had zero influence on what happened in the end. The Nazis would have opened it and gotten face melted with a lot less bother.

Actually the Starks, Jon included were more catalyst than actual action. They caused “stuff” to happen through the series even if they didn’t manage to survive the reaction.
A good take on it, but it seemed to me Jon has been groomed the entire series to do something big, something that almost justifies all the chit that's happened to the Starks. If he just gets taken out tonight, but has some essential play in the outcome, I guess it supports your take on it. I'd be disappointing but it's been a generally disappointing season so I'm prepared for a "meh" ending to the series. Season 1-5 as good as TV can get, 6-7, good but not great (and where they lost their material based on the original series) and 8, is meh. I don't see how they will change that with one final episode, but it's been a great ride and I was a way late comer to the series.