Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Of Thrones Season 8 Predictions and Discussion

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    *le sigh*
    Obstacles to the front, infantry (spearmen) to pick off anyone that gets through the obstacles/defend barricades, trebuchets to the rear-break up enemy formations as they approach, archers to the wall- suppress the enemy as they attempt to breach the barricades, cav to the flanks for hit and run sweeps once the main body of enemy is engaged at the barricades, dragon gun runs as needed.
    I'm not even a trained tactician, come on now...

Well, all that aside, in the context of the show-

> Bran's warging- sure, would have been nice to play more of a part, BUT, it was intended more to alert the NK to his presence/location, not as a defensive measure.
    But the NK always knows where he is at all times due to the mark, so another hard fail of that episode.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    FYI, two dragons survived. There are two of them flying from the Episode 4 trailer.
    My wife and I were having a big argument over exactly this and had to rewind the trailer because I was certain that (I know the names but not well enough to know who was on what dragon so bear with me) Dragon #1 (ice dragon) was ripped apart by Dragon #2 (Jon's dragon) and died in that battle and then dragon #3 (Dany's dragon) was engulfed by WW and flew up to it's death unable to shake free and finally returning to battle Jon up close as he hid behind a wall and then Dany ended up on his dragon later or Dragon #2. The story line did a very poor job of even presenting the most basic of facts to us in a concise manner. I had to admit defeat to my wife after rewinding the trailer to see that there were indeed two dragons verifying her version of the story.
    I'm not fat, I'm tactically padded.

Tactical Commander Fast Action Response Team (F.A.R.T.)

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    My wife and I were having a big argument over exactly this and had to rewind the trailer because I was certain that (I know the names but not well enough to know who was on what dragon so bear with me) Dragon #1 (ice dragon) was ripped apart by Dragon #2 (Jon's dragon) and died in that battle and then dragon #3 (Dany's dragon) was engulfed by WW and flew up to it's death unable to shake free and finally returning to battle Jon up close as he hid behind a wall and then Dany ended up on his dragon later or Dragon #2. The story line did a very poor job of even presenting the most basic of facts to us in a concise manner. I had to admit defeat to my wife after rewinding the trailer to see that there were indeed two dragons verifying her version of the story.
    It was very poorly covered, but there's two dragons left, apparently neither died of their wounds from ice dragon nor a bunch of dead hanging onto them:

https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/201...id-rhaegal-die
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    Jon was going after the Night King.

The entire thing was him trying to get mano-a-mano with the Night King. With the Night King just walking away and throwing as many minions at him as he could, before finally deciding to drop a dragon on him. And then Jon got angry and frustrated with the undead dragon barring his path.
    I guess so, but it seemed he had some sudden realization, said something to her ( thought he said something about Bran) and ran off toward the castle. He looked quote surprised to run up on the NK.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    It is amazing how unattractive Emilia Clark is when she is either smiling or crying, or really anything other than her resting bitch queen face. Those gums and chompers! Gives me the willies. Even the wife noticed it...
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    ROTFLSHIDMTAMSFO!
    I'm not fat, I'm tactically padded.

Tactical Commander Fast Action Response Team (F.A.R.T.)

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    Dragon Glass kills white walkers so what did they do first, they basically discarded their dothraki cavalry armed with nothing but fire swords. But this was done to create the visual effect of armies of light disappearing into darkness. So visually creative, so patently stupid from the story line. Basically Dothraki are disposable flunkies armed with pointless weapons. If you gave them some dragon glass they might have wrecked shop a little bit.
    You've confused Euron with Theon. Euron is Theon and Asha/Yara's uncle. Theon was Reek and Ned Stark's ward and died defending Bran from the Night King.

Anyway... I thought the dothraki had dragon glass arakh/swords. In fact, I'm 99.99% certain that every weapon used by the forces of light were either dragon glass or Valyrian steel.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    New wallpaper material

Also...
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    It was very poorly covered, but there's two dragons left, apparently neither died of their wounds from ice dragon nor a bunch of dead hanging onto them:

https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/201...id-rhaegal-die
    One touch I did like was that when we see the ice dragon later on toward the end of the episode, you can see its movements are really uncoordinated and flailing and it's neck is kinda flopping around oddly - the effects of being F'd up by Drogon earlier.

I have a lot of complaints about this episode, and a lot of the other episodes in recent seasons, but there's always little details I can find to appreciate.
    Last edited by Circle_10; 04-30-19 at 15:58.

Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast