Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Of Thrones Season 8 Predictions and Discussion

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by daddyusmaximus View Post
    She's thinking only of what her dragons are capable of... not what her enemy is capable of.

She never would have got this far without her advisers... and they may not stick with her now.
    I think we're supposed to believe, basically over 2 episodes, that she's lost all touch with reality. She lost the only advisor she unquestionably listened to (Jorah) and we've been led to believe that she harbors doubts about Tyrion (check the shade she's giving as he's yucking it up with Jaime in Episode 4). I think the writers intend for us to believe she thinks she's on her own, which makes her rash and unpredictable.

Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post

On the other hand, a few years ago, dragon girl took out some huge invading fleet of ships dodging dozens of catapulted fireballs. And also had mega crossbows start showing up trying to take out dragons. And was well versed in the existence and plans of the euron fleet. Then all of a sudden, a fleet and super sized crossbows are a surprise.
    This is one example of the contradiction to previous build up and poor writing that seems to be tanking things.

SnowGareon NOT taking out a giant, the zombie dragon, or the dead king after years of build up is criminal.
    They have been building up Arya for greater things forever. It’s not that I have an issue with here killing the dead king.

It’s that with SnowGareon not doing it, not there getting the assist, and not taking out the dragon or giant or not saving dragon queen from a face off with the dragon or dead king-
    It does not matter what person he kills, if he becomes king, if he sacrifices his life for someone, or whatever-
    There is no heroic cycle slaying of the beast.
    I'm well beyond caring what happens to Jon or Dany. They've basically murdered the appeal of the characters this season with almost nothing to show for it. Jon is now the dumbest, least gregarious character. We're supposed to believe Dany has lost all sense of reality over like 2 episodes in order to put the narrative where it's probably heading? Don't buy it. Arguably you could see her roasting the Tarley's as the first real evidence, but I don't think that was actually a terrible decision, despite what Tyrion says (you'd have to roast both of them - no way you off the dad and expect anything but treachery from the son).

Blame it on a condensed season, but Episode 4 was a complete and total waste - just criminally negligent lazy/sloppy writing. If either of them ends up on the throne in the end, I will be really pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    So if the undead all disintegrated when the Night King was killed in Episode 3, why than was there anything left of Lyanna Mormont to cremate in the opening of Episode 4?
    Because in the previous episode Lyanna is shown being resurrected by the Night King as a wight well before he was killed.
    Just spit balling, since its unlikely they'll reveal why in the show, but it probably has to do with how they were turned and whether they were "resurrected". They do show mountains of corpses at the end of Episode 3, but not the disposal of them in 4. Some that were hit with dragon glass disintegrated and some didn't, prior to the Night King biting it. I think it's really more of a continuity problem than anything.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sundance435 View Post
    I think it's really more of a continuity problem than anything.
    This is really what I assumed even when I posed the question. It would just be nice if there were some explanation other than just sloppy writing.

But I guess you could claim it depends on the condition of the body?
    Like a resurrected body that is in a very deteriorated state might instantly fall apart once it's no longer being kept alive via dark magic, while a relatively "fresh" wight may remain structurally intact. I guess that's a possible explanation.
    I dunno.
    Lyanna Mormont was a fun character at first, but got unrealistic pretty quickly. Culminating in her wearing armor and issuing orders as a battlefield commander who apparently leads from the front.
    No matter how precocious and fiery-tempered she might be, she's still an 11 year old girl and is still at a physical disadvantage fighting goddamn ice zombies. A *real life* Lyanna Mormont would probably be smart enough to realize that too...
    She'd know she'd be a liability and a distraction to her men who would feel compelled to protect their 11 year old liege.
    Last edited by Circle_10; 05-10-19 at 09:46.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    This is really what I assumed even when I posed the question. It would just be nice if there were some explanation other than just sloppy writing.

But I guess you could claim it depends on the condition of the body?
    Like a resurrected body that is in a very deteriorated state might instantly fall apart once it's no longer being kept alive via dark magic, while a relatively "fresh" wight may remain structurally intact. I guess that's a possible explanation.
    I dunno.
    Lyanna Mormont was a fun character at first, but got unrealistic pretty quickly. Culminating in her wearing armor and issuing orders as a battlefield commander who apparently leads from the front.
    No matter how precocious and fiery-tempered she might be, she's still an 11 year old girl and is still at a physical disadvantage fighting goddamn ice zombies. A *real life* Lyanna Mormont would probably be smart enough to realize that too...
    She'd know she'd be a liability and a distraction to her men who would feel compelled to protect their 11 year old liege.
    This is what I told my wife while watching that episode. If Lyanna wants to fight on a battlefield against a ferocious enemy who overpowers the realms most powerful warriors, then Lyanna should do as fast as one would expect an 11 year old girl to do so. No matter the fiery attitude, she should have been in the crypts chopping up Stark zombies or something.

Feedback Score
    I got the vibe the little girl was from a dying, tiny house with slaving exiles and murdered by mutiny infamy the last pages in their book of going out with a whimper.

A woman with the last of her name, let alone a little girl, can’t ressurect a family/name that has died out.

I believe with no more actual Mormonts that lost to history rep has changed to a house that died defeating the army of the dead with their last lord slaying a giant. Unrealistic but redemptive. They will be remembered for their honor and sacrifice.

I don’t exactly know the deal with the zombies. It seems they can be blown up, burned, killed with dragon glass, killed with valerian steel. Sometimes they drop with an arrow to the head. Sometimes they don’t. Some take some regular damage and stop. Some take way more regular damage before they stop. Some get ant stomped by a giant, etc.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

I just want this fixed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post

I just want this fixed

Considering how important the direwolves are in the books, the way they've generally been treated in the series has been atrocious.
    I get it, wolves are hard to work with, and making them appear convincingly gigantic onscreen while still showing them interacting with the environment and characters is harder still. But man, it seems like there had to have been another way.
    Even way back when Greywind was killed at the Red Wedding I thought this. In the books, IIRC Greywind get shot full of arrows but still kills four wolfhounds and rips the arm off one of the Freys before dying.

I'd like to think Nymeria will come into play again, but at this point I'd be pretty surprised.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

Game Of Thrones Season 8 Predictions and Discussion

Yup. Dany is losing it.

Also attacking with the dragon during daylight is lame

Last edited by jpmuscle; 05-12-19 at 20:43.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Yup. Dany is losing it.

The question is who will take her out?
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Yup. Dany is losing it.

King's Landing is officially liberated.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    The internet is going to crash with all the hate over this last one.

Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast