Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Of Thrones Season 8 Predictions and Discussion

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joedirt199 View Post
    The internet is going to crash with all the hate over this last one.
    Far better than the previous two I thought. My disappointment was how Cersei went out. Hoped she'd get hers in a more dramatic manner. I kept thinking Jaime was going to stick a blade in her, but nope, he really did go back to her.

Man, if Jon had just thrown that cute Dany the Targaryen a bone, literally and figuratively, the entire city would probably have been saved. Pro tip: scorning a woman with a dragon is a bad idea.

It's clear it's just a sloppy rush to conclude the show vs give fans what they deserve after 8 seasons. Obviously there's really nothing they can do with one final episode to redeem the seaon, but it was an awesome show while it lasted.

The only way to justify that episode considering the entire narrative that's she's the "breaker of chains" and all is that she went Targaryen and the blood lust and insanity took over.

The entire goal was to take back the Iron Throne. Now there is no Iron Throne and there's no city left to even rule over.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 05-13-19 at 08:11.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    BHO pulled down their pants, and took a giant steaming shit on all of us. I scrubbed, and I scrubbed, but damn it, they don't make water hot enough!
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    Whoever wins sits on the throne and is totally dejected because of the cost. My money is on Sansa or Tyrion. The Worm turns on Jon and DANI whacks him, Arya kills Dani. Though, we haven’t heard from High Garden or those sluty people down south.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    I actually kind of got a kick out of her cray-cray city-incinerating freakout, but I hate the rushed, illogical, sloppily written path this season has taken to get to this point.
    Lol, I actually kind of got a kick out of it, too. The tension was great. My only problem is that this psychopathy suddenly manifests itself over 2 episodes. Better writing would've given us more of an indication, besides just roasting the Tullys, like if Varys's "flipping a coin" line had been uttered in Season 4 when he hitches up with her (actually, maybe it was, but I don't remember).

Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    So the key to successfully deploying dragons is.... trying harder?
    Again, lol. My thought exactly as Drogon was effortlessly roasting every Scorpion. Basically the same move she pulled in Episode 4, only she didn't bank out of it.

Jaime's ending is one of the biggest disappointments for me so far. That is the epitome of slopping writing in this last season. Yeah, I'm sure Martin would be fine with "bad guys stay bad in the end", but even if that was the point, come up with something better than the two of them being buried alive.

Clegane-bowl was never going to live up to the hype, but I thought it was an appropriate end. I actually loved when Sandor is laughing from of his sheer inability to kill The Mountain.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If Arya kills Dany, then we know they went to total SJW/Women's Lib BS.

My hope is; We know Dany is nuts, Jon kills her and reluctantly takes the throne. Jon has done nothing this season, really. No big fight, no big kills. Jon could also abdicate and Tyrian sits on the throne, I would be okay with this, but I don't see it happening.

Tyrian will die, Dany will burn him. He knows it, he risked his life to save Jaime knowing full well that Dany will kill him if this doesn't work. He tried to save his brother and sister in exchange for giving Dany the city. Dany didn't want the city, she wanted revenge so his actions were useless in the end. Aside from CleganeBowl, the scene between Tyrion and Jaime were the only good aspects of the episode.

Don't really care at this point what happens to Wormzie.

Sansa has to stay in the North because "There must always be a Stark in Winterfell. Arya doesn't seem to want it, and Bran is no longer a Stark since he found God.

Not sure how I would feel if Arya gives up her assassin lifestyle and marries Gendry. All I know is, they gave her one big kill, if they give her another one it will be total BS.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    [snip]
    Who even cares how it gets wrapped up at this point.
    [/snip]
    This is how I was feeling when the season started. I held out hope that they might find a way to redeem themselves over the last few episodes with some epic writing but, with but one episode left, I'm out on that. I'll watch the final episode because I'm a decade invested but man... what a turd this turned into. It will rank among the biggest TV flops of all time IMO. It had the highest ceiling building up to it and then the lowest flop on the back end. Sad.
    I'm not fat, I'm tactically padded.

Tactical Commander Fast Action Response Team (F.A.R.T.)

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post

The entire goal was to take back the Iron Throne. Now there is no Iron Throne and there's no city left to even rule over.
    Interesting thought, though it won't get the attention it deserves in one episode. She clearly realizes that what she'd always dreamed of and thought was her destiny didn't/doesn't exist. There's no longer an Iron Throne to sit on, because she's making her own world as solely she sees fit. Again, maybe a little more buildup than 2 or 3 episodes to get that point across, but it's what I've managed to salvage from this shitshow season.

Also, wtf is the actual point of the Lord of Light? Do the books explain this any better?
    Last edited by sundance435; 05-13-19 at 10:22.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sundance435 View Post
    Interesting thought, though it won't get the attention it deserves in one episode. She clearly realizes that what she'd always dreamed of and thought was her destiny didn't/doesn't exist. There's no longer an Iron Throne to sit on, because she's making her own world as solely she sees fit. Again, maybe a little more buildup than 2 or 3 episodes to get that point across, but it's what I've managed to salvage from this shitshow season.

Also, wtf is the actual point of the Lord of Light? Do the books explain this any better?
    Just to avoid any confusion, that was Will Brink you quoted but had my name attached to the quote. I do agree with his point though, I just figured I'd mention the quoting error.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    If Arya kills Dany, then we know they went to total SJW/Women's Lib BS.

My hope is; We know Dany is nuts, Jon kills her and reluctantly takes the throne. Jon has done nothing this season, really. No big fight, no big kills. Jon could also abdicate and Tyrian sits on the throne, I would be okay with this, but I don't see it happening.

Tyrian will die, Dany will burn him. He knows it, he risked his life to save Jaime knowing full well that Dany will kill him if this doesn't work. He tried to save his brother and sister in exchange for giving Dany the city. Dany didn't want the city, she wanted revenge so his actions were useless in the end. Aside from CleganeBowl, the scene between Tyrion and Jaime were the only good aspects of the episode.

Don't really care at this point what happens to Wormzie.

Sansa has to stay in the North because "There must always be a Stark in Winterfell. Arya doesn't seem to want it, and Bran is no longer a Stark since he found God.

Not sure how I would feel if Arya gives up her assassin lifestyle and marries Gendry. All I know is, they gave her one big kill, if they give her another one it will be total BS.
    I still feel as though they gave her one big kill because they're going to kill her off. I thought it would happen last episode but nope. In fact, other than Varys getting smoked & The Clash of the Clegans™ (both of which we knew would happen) and the incestuous couple getting a warm, loving end (layme!) who died that episode? Again, massive let down. The characters remaining are such shells of what we knew them to be that I really don't even care now. They've completely shat on whatever they've built up over 7 seasons regarding character development so I'll just sign off this thought by invoking my previous post: Avenger Analogy.
    I'm not fat, I'm tactically padded.

Tactical Commander Fast Action Response Team (F.A.R.T.)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    One clarification; the iron throne still exists. Dany didn't burn the throne room.

Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    I still feel as though they gave her one big kill because they're going to kill her off. I thought it would happen last episode but nope. In fact, other than Varys getting smoked & The Clash of the Clegans™ (both of which we knew would happen) and the incestuous couple getting a warm, loving end (layme!) who died that episode? Again, massive let down. The characters remaining are such shells of what we knew them to be that I really don't even care now. They've completely shat on whatever they've built up over 7 seasons regarding character development so I'll just sign off this thought by invoking my previous post: Avenger Analogy.
    Agreed. They disregarded everything they have already done and what was written.

To clarify, they have been setting up Dany as going full retard for a while now. It was evident that she would go on full Aerys II and "Burn Them All"

Jaime going from crying to Brienne in the hot tub over killing Aerys to save the people from being burnt to saying he doesn't care about them is completely abandoning his entire character arch.

Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast