Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Broward Sheriff's Captain Jan Jordan resigns over Parkland response

Feedback Score
    Here is the report.http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5c11bf92...GInMCvhAEN.pdf

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    We've reached a sad point when it requires a "commission" to arrive at those conclusions.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    But I thought they said it was the NRAs fault?
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 223to45 View Post
    https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...212-story.html

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    That dude needs to be flogged.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    We talked about this before in other threads, now that a federal judge in Florida ruled that LE and schools have no duty to protect students, this will likely carry over to the rest of us. It trashes the concept of just call the Police and they will protect you (where seconds count etc.). It is up to us to take responsibility in our own protection, even though states diminish our ability to do so.

A Florida lawyer representing 15 Marjory Stoneman Douglas High students says he is "exploring all of our options" after a federal judge ruled that law enforcement and school officials had no legal duty to protect students during a Valentine's Day rampage at the school that left 17 people dead.

https://ux.freep.com/story/news/nati...ds/2360683002/

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Figured I'd bump vs start a new one. I honestly thought engaging an active shooter immediately vs wait for the cavalry was SOP for every major and minor PD since Columbine. I do appreciate and respect the fact it appears there's no support for that SRO by other LEOs who could have closed ranks, it's very obvious the fail started from the top down on this. The most quotable law man alive today, per usual, didn't pull any punches:

I’ve been involved in writing policy probably 35 years, and we agree that Scot Peterson’s response was egregious, outrageous, unacceptable,” commission member Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd told the Miami Herald. “But words matter, and according to [the] policy, he didn’t have to go in.”

Broward Sheriff Now Requires Deputies To Intervene When Kids Are Being Murdered

Cont:

https://defensemaven.io/bluelivesmat...2yrwi-VM_Gw7os
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Figured I'd bump vs start a new one. I honestly thought engaging an active shooter immediately vs wait for the cavalry was SOP for every major and minor PD since Columbine. I do appreciate and respect the fact it appears there's no support for that SRO by other LEOs who could have closed ranks, it's very obvious the fail started from the top down on this. The most quotable law man alive today, per usual, didn't pull any punches:

I’ve been involved in writing policy probably 35 years, and we agree that Scot Peterson’s response was egregious, outrageous, unacceptable,” commission member Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd told the Miami Herald. “But words matter, and according to [the] policy, he didn’t have to go in.”

Broward Sheriff Now Requires Deputies To Intervene When Kids Are Being Murdered

Cont:

https://defensemaven.io/bluelivesmat...2yrwi-VM_Gw7os
    It doesn't matter. It's empty, meaningless pandering. It changes nothing.

Are SRO Peterson and "Sheriff" Israel national disgraces and stains on the entire profession? Indisputably. The bigger disgrace is that they have authority without responsibility. So long as governments challenge righteous claims against them and courts side with them as they did in this case, nothing will change.

A brave man will enter the fray regardless of policy. A coward will fall back regardless of policy. Cretins like Israel will continue to defend their bureaucratic fiefdoms regardless of how incompetent and untrustworthy they are. The lessons will be forgotten. Wash, rinse, repeat.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    It doesn't matter. It's empty, meaningless pandering. It changes nothing.

Are SRO Peterson and "Sheriff" Israel national disgraces and stains on the entire profession? Indisputably. The bigger disgrace is that they have authority without responsibility. So long as governments challenge righteous claims against them and courts side with them as they did in this case, nothing will change.

A brave man will enter the fray regardless of policy. A coward will fall back regardless of policy. Cretins like Israel will continue to defend their bureaucratic fiefdoms regardless of how incompetent and untrustworthy they are. The lessons will be forgotten. Wash, rinse, repeat.
    I aint claiming it will change anything. It will apparently change SOP for that PD, but as you said, a person will step up at the time or they will not. I'm beyond disgusted and disheartened by it all, and still blown away one of the largest sheriff PDs in the nation had such lingo in their active shooter policy.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    I aint claiming it will change anything. It will apparently change SOP for that PD, but as you said, a person will step up at the time or they will not. I'm beyond disgusted and disheartened by it all, and still blown away one of the largest sheriff PDs in the nation had such lingo in their active shooter policy.
    Notice it was Israel that had the language changed to “may”, yet he had an underling sign the change back to “shall”.

Authority without responsibility. That's exactly what the problem is.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The only SOP I see here is "Run! Hide! Let the lawyers and judges figure it out!"

Engaging an active shooter should be SOP for anyone with a spine and morals. The rest should be reclassed as janitors and bus drivers

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast