Thread: Advice on folding karambit

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Advice on folding karambit

Anyone have first hand experience with a good quality folding karambit?** if so.....what maker?
    Be of good cheer, you men of Valor.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Yes.

I have folding karambits from Emerson, as well as the old 5.11 ones made of S30V with Steve Tarani. I also have a Joe Watson fixed blade titanium karambit, which is my fave. Joe didn't make very many of those, I think less than 50?

Whatever you buy, I would really really really really recommend buying a matching trainer. You also would do yourself a huge favor by attending a good karambit-specific class. I recommend Steve Tarani. Ernest Emerson has some books and videos out. I have not personally trained with him, but have taken multiple classes with Steve.

I'd also like to take a karambit class from Doug Marcaida, just to listen to him say "It will keel!".

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Ive had quite a bit of hands on training with it but always fixed blade. Thisll be my first folder

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I had one of those 5.11 Masters Series units. Great knife, great example of a karambit.

Ended up selling it recently, only because I hardly ever carried it, and am looking to fund other projects.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    i ended up ordering a fox