Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DD 11.5" or a Sionics 11.5" barrel?

Feedback Score

DD 11.5" or a Sionics 11.5" barrel?

I am trying to decide between the DD or the Sionics 11.5" barrel for a new upper build. I just learned that DD has recently changed the gas port size of their 11.5" and made it smaller. I think that was one of the biggest complaints about the DD 11.5" barrel. I have also heard great things about the Sionics barrel.

I found a deal for the DD barrel at $220 and the Sionics is $200. So nothing major price difference wise.

The DD barrel is listed as 3-4 ounces lighter.
    The DD barrel is CHF.
    Both are chrome lined.

Just flip a coin between them?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Get one of the Reduced Gas Port barrels from Sionics. Not the extreme reduced, just the RGP barrel, its gassed perfectly for BOTH suppressed or NOT suppressed. No gambling on gas port sizes. I own both and like both. Does DD make a 11.5 or isn't it a 10.3 barrel?

Many folks believed the 11.5 length is optimal for reliability. Thats a whole NUTHER story.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Get one of the Reduced Gas Port barrels from Sionics. Not the extreme reduced, just the RGP barrel, its gassed perfectly for BOTH suppressed or NOT suppressed. No gambling on gas port sizes. I own both and like both. Does DD make a 11.5 or isn't it a 10.3 barrel?

Many folks believed the 11.5 length is optimal for reliability. Thats a whole NUTHER story.

PB
    DD makes both a 10.3" (used in the Mk18 upper) and the 11.5" (as well as a whole bunch of other barrels).

This is the one: https://danieldefense.com/cold-hamme...t-profile.html

DD's older 11.5" barrels were 0.076 but they changed that this year and they are now 0.069. Which is much better and should help with the issues some guys were complaining about before.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Not on your list but I’d look long and hard at Ballistic Advantage barrels. Stainless steel/melonite, cheaper, and come with accuracy guarantee/warranty. When measuring for my 10.3” they produced a gas port that was right at .070” confirmed with pin gauges. No way affiliated with them, I’ve just NEVER been disappointed with their barrels and think they are a steal.

Feedback Score
    I have a DD 11.5 with the 0.076. It’s very accurate and feels no different than my Colt Commando I used to use. Also may depend on ammo you are using. Sionics are 1/8 twist vs 1/7 for DD.

I’m torn between Sionics and DD myself for my next build. I do think it’s probably a toss up though.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Sionics 11.5 barrels are 1/7.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Incorrect. The SIONICS 16" barrels are 1/8. The 11.5" is 1/7. Our barrel is also X-rayed and pre-dimpled for low profile gas blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by El Vaquero View Post
    I have a DD 11.5 with the 0.076. It’s very accurate and feels no different than my Colt Commando I used to use. Also may depend on ammo you are using. Sionics are 1/8 twist vs 1/7 for DD.

I’m torn between Sionics and DD myself for my next build. I do think it’s probably a toss up though.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Twenty bucks is pretty cheap for upgrade to CHF.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    Good catch. Thanks for correction.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Fårikål View Post
    DD's older 11.5" barrels were 0.076 but they changed that this year and they are now 0.069. Which is much better and should help with the issues some guys were complaining about before.
    That's interesting; DD CHF 11.5s now have a smaller gas port than Sionics RGPs.

IMHO $20 is a small price to pay for a savings of 3-4 oz.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast