Thread: Efile ATF Information Thread

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tb-av View Post
    https://www.esilencers.com/nfa-finge...ds-and-photos/

So we can do our own fingerprints now?
    Have always been able to...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post
    Any idea on when Form 4’s are going to be able to be efiled again?
    I posted this on ARF a couple weeks ago:

FWIW...

Local dealer asked one of the people at the NFA Division about Form 4s being added back into EForms, and here was the reply:

I wish I could say. The bureau is migrating all its IT system to the “cloud”. We are not allowed to do any further development work until after that migrations takes place. The vendor responsible for the migration has not provide a schedule yet, but I suspect it will be well into the first of the year.

We learned a lot form the Form 1 that was recently returned to production. So we hope that the Form 4 will be better with what we learned and with functionality that will be provided by the “cloud”

Thanks for inquiring.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWaylon View Post

FWIW...

Local dealer asked one of the people at the NFA Division about Form 4s being added back into EForms, and here was the reply:

I wish I could say. The bureau is migrating all its IT system to the “cloud”. We are not allowed to do any further development work until after that migrations takes place. The vendor responsible for the migration has not provide a schedule yet, but I suspect it will be well into the first of the year.

We learned a lot form the Form 1 that was recently returned to production. So we hope that the Form 4 will be better with what we learned and with functionality that will be provided by the “cloud”

Thanks for inquiring.
    So probably not any time soon lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Have always been able to...
    Thanks!... Learned something else new today. I always thought FPs had to be via official like a local PD.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

FWIW...

Thanks for inquiring.
    That actually sounds good. If they can do a Form 1 in 10 days now and they expect better results from the Form 4. Could this mean a used suppressor market? Not that many people actually want to sell them but if everyone was registered someone always wants the latest and greatest. Seems like it would facilitate that sort of dealing. Or maybe even more retail discounts if they can turn more over faster.

I mean we are supposed to get one of the choices. cheap, fast, good. so far it's been... expensive, sloooow, new better model by the time you receive it.

I'm just glad to hear they really are doing something. Restores my faith. Plus if a politician tries to shut down transfers there is all that money spent they will be accountable for. A new computer system is like a new law. Hard to justify getting rid of it.

So our lives will be in the cloud. Cool, if we have a problem we can call Jinping.

Get your T-Shirts now.....
    https://www.amazon.com/There-Cloud-S.../dp/B01FQJG4Z4

Feedback Score
    Thanks!... Learned something else new today. I always thought FPs had to be via official like a local PD.
    The wording in the regulation (which is also quoted on the forms) is the person must be "properly equipped" to take them. No certification/qualification mentioned. Blank FD-258LE cards and a fingerprint pad sounds properly equipped to me. That's all I use.

Now, in case you (or anybody else) goes to Google the answer and check, you might run across this Q&A: https://www.atf.gov/explosives/qa/ho...erprints-taken. Notice the section it's in...Explosives. Different set of rules.

Being able to do your own prints and photos is why I, and lots of others, said 41F isn't the major hassle some people claim it is. Photos are simple. I print mine on plain paper at home. And anytime I roll prints, I go ahead and do multiple cards...

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Being able to do your own prints and photos is why I, and lots of others, said 41F isn't the major hassle some people claim it is. Photos are simple. I print mine on plain paper at home. And anytime I roll prints, I go ahead and do multiple cards...
    I guess I never really pick up on that aspect. Which seems a bit obvious now that you mention it. I always wondered why someone would be ok with the whole background check and then be all upset over finger prints.

Feedback Score
    I guess I never really pick up on that aspect. Which seems a bit obvious now that you mention it. I always wondered why someone would be ok with the whole background check and then be all upset over finger prints.
    Well the grand irony is that there effectively is no background check; unless I'm mistaken, at some point FBI just started running people through NICS and tossing the print cards.

A lot of people can't take their own prints to save their life. Lots of ways you can just take a good card and scan it now, though, and print as needed.

Just got some more stamps myself, 11 days from receipt of the print cards to approval.

Feedback Score
    So here's another question for an e-file noob. Did my form 1 e-file for an SBR on 26 November. Got a confirmation e-mail indicating it's in Submission/Processing status. Will they send another e-mail for Approval, or do you just have to log in and see if the status has changed? BTW, sent my fingerprints in on 28 November.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    So here's another question for an e-file noob. Did my form 1 e-file for an SBR on 26 November. Got a confirmation e-mail indicating it's in Submission/Processing status. Will they send another e-mail for Approval, or do you just have to log in and see if the status has changed? BTW, sent my fingerprints in on 28 November.
    They'll send you another one, with the approved form attached.

If you're using the default Mail app on an iDevice, you won't see the attachment. You'll need to log into webmail instead, or download the form from EForms.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast