Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Efile ATF Information Thread

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Hmm. Interesting. So by not going with a more local official it kinda keeps you "off the radar" a bit in your community, not a bad idea.

And as far as my title in "Responsible Persons", I guess "Owner" is what I want to put. Seems kinda like a no brainier but with this being my first Form 1 I'm just extra cautious about getting everything right.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    Hmm. Interesting. So by not going with a more local official it kinda keeps you "off the radar" a bit in your community, not a bad idea.
    I'd say that would depend on your community. I'd much rather let my sheriff know (who'd probably shreds the documents) than to provide a record for someone high up in the state government who's less accountable to me. On the other hand, if my sheriff was a known gun grabber, then I'd send the notification to someone else.

And as far as my title in "Responsible Persons", I guess "Owner" is what I want to put. Seems kinda like a no brainier but with this being my first Form 1 I'm just extra cautious about getting everything right.
    When filling out paper Form 1's, I've always just left those blank. Will the e-Form 1 not let you leave them blank?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I'd say that would depend on your community. I'd much rather let my sheriff know (who'd probably shreds the documents) than to provide a record for someone high up in the state government who's less accountable to me. On the other hand, if my sheriff was a known gun grabber, then I'd send the notification to someone else.
    Considering how blue my state went in the midterms I guess it doesn't really matter who I list as CLEO than. I'll probably just use the sheriff. It's not like he has any say in whether it gets approved anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    When filling out paper Form 1's, I've always just left those blank. Will the e-Form 1 not let you leave them blank?
    Yeah, on the e-Form Responsible Persons section "Title" is a required field.

Feedback Score
    Considering how blue my state went in the midterms I guess it doesn't really matter who I list as CLEO than. I'll probably just use the sheriff. It's not like he has any say in whether it gets approved anymore.
    If he would sign individual Form 1's before, then I'd probably send him the notification. If not, then you know he's an anti-gunner, so it might be better to keep him in the dark.

Feedback Score

In New Mexico, we use the County Sheriff, not the local town Marshall or Chief of Police. You just drop it off and leave it. Never hear from them again.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    SO since the day I started this thread, I was unable to open my Form 1 draft to edit and finish it. I continue to get the same error message when I hit the edit icon.
    Tonight I decided to start another Form 1 and I was able to complete it, pay for it and print out the bar code form for prints. I then deleted the original draft.
    I will send out the prints today and see what happens!
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    So in the "Firearm Line Item" section where you actually describe the NFA item you are making (SBR in my case) are you supposed to upload images of the firearm or its markings/serial numbers or is it purely optional?
    Is it recommended that I do?

Feedback Score
    I did my first e-file form 1 on 11/26. Sent in my fingerprint cards on 11/28. My form 1 status on their website is Submitted/Processing. Once they get the fingerprints, does the status change or where do you go to see if they have received and processed the fingerprints?
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    So in the "Firearm Line Item" section where you actually describe the NFA item you are making (SBR in my case) are you supposed to upload images of the firearm or its markings/serial numbers or is it purely optional?
    Is it recommended that I do?
    No requirement. And I'm not really sure why you would? I guess I could see it clarify a question about model, but that's about it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    I did my first e-file form 1 on 11/26. Sent in my fingerprint cards on 11/28. My form 1 status on their website is Submitted/Processing. Once they get the fingerprints, does the status change or where do you go to see if they have received and processed the fingerprints?
    The next step from S/IP is either Approved or Disapproved. The status won't change.

Most people (I'd guess) are sending the FP cards in via Priority Mail, or something else with tracking...and that's how they know the package was received.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast