Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trigger pins?

Feedback Score

Trigger pins?

I am installing rise 434 trigger in my lower and they suggest using kns trigger pins. Why? Anyone have any input in this. And which pins will be best? I’m looking at the cnc pins..not really a fan of the ‘tacticool’ ones.
    Last edited by OZARK TOAD; 11-29-18 at 21:58.

Feedback Score
    This type?

Just follow Step 8....

Or, use the KNS they suggest.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OZARK TOAD View Post
    I am installing rise 434 trigger in my lower and they suggest using trigger pins. Why? Anyone have any input in this. And which pins will be best? I’m looking at the cmc pins..not really a fan of the ‘tacticool’ ones.
    You probably picked the wrong place for sympathy with your choice.
    Last edited by GH41; 11-29-18 at 19:32.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    That looks like an awfully expensive trigger not to have come with the necessary pins.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OZARK TOAD View Post
    I am installing rise 434 trigger in my lower and they suggest using trigger pins. Why? Anyone have any input in this. And which pins will be best? I’m looking at the cmc pins..not really a fan of the ‘tacticool’ ones.
    Not trigger pins. Anti-rotation hammer/trigger pins such as KNS.

Feedback Score
    Yessir this kns.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    That looks like an awfully expensive trigger not to have come with the necessary pins.
    Good point. I paid $90 for it over Black Friday. $90 pretty high huh?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    You probably picked the wrong place for sympathy with your choice.

Not really looking for sympathy....🤔
    Just someone who has used anti walk pins for a drop in trigger.. and any good or bad experiences with these pins. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    A weak point with most cartridge-type triggers for the AR15 is that there is no spring tension on the pins holding them in the receiver. Other than the Wilson Combat (Mossberg) design that uses springs, the others use setscrews to apply tension but that can't compensate for wear, vibration, changes in temperature, etc. As already mentioned above, use the setscrews and check them periodically or buy any of the KNS anti-rotation pins and use thread locker.

The reason most on this forum will not give any advice on anti-rotation trigger pins is because they are not necessary for a properly designed AR15 trigger and are many times installed due to cosmetic reasons or misunderstanding of the application.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by crosseyedshooter View Post
    A weak point with most cartridge-type triggers for the AR15 is that there is no spring tension on the pins holding them in the receiver. Other than the Wilson Combat (Mossberg) design that uses springs, the others use setscrews to apply tension but that can't compensate for wear, vibration, changes in temperature, etc. As already mentioned above, use the setscrews and check them periodically or buy any of the KNS anti-rotation pins and use thread locker.

The reason most on this forum will not give any advice on anti-rotation trigger pins is because they are not necessary for a properly designed AR15 trigger and are many times installed due to cosmetic reasons or misunderstanding of the application.
    This makes a lot of sense! Thanks. I will try the set screw method first and go from there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast