Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Magpul or A.R.M.S BUIS?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade04 View Post
    Midwest Industries also has some new Combat Sights. Another option to consider is the LMT REAR FLIP UP SIGHTS. I have each of these. They are very robust sights.

https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com...mi-crs-set.htm

https://lmtdefense.com/parts/l8buis556
    Optics planet has the MI ones on sale for $99 looks to be a decent deal on a good set of BUIS.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Whatever is in the parts box and fits under or behind the optic. I have Troys, Matechs, Magpuls, others, and give no thought to any of them after they are installed and zeroed.
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    I have KACs, Magpul MBUS and MBUS Pros.

They all work fine and stay out of the way 99.9% of the time.

Buy whatever you can afford to spend on something you will likely use very little.
    Pretty much this. Get whatever is cheaper. Irons are a secondary or even tertiary sighting system(if you're cool) that are highly unlikely to be used.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If I were going to raid Moscow like some Red Storm Rising mess? KAC or Troy.

Murdering Bambi or punching holes in cardboard? Magpul. I have MBUS on my home made M110K1 clone and they have yet to not do anything any other iron sight does. Especially ARMS.

ARMS is chumpbait. They are like the Radio Shack of gun accessories. By rights they shouldn’t still exist but somehow they do.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    All in all, there are a lot of good solid BUISs on the market. It all depends of the intended use and the budget. The prices span a wide spectrum. Frankly, you cannot go wrong with MAGPUL MBUS PROS, A.R.M.S., KAC, LMT Imperials, Midwest Industries (including their new Combat sights), BCM, Troy, and several others.
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have an ARMS 71L I purchased 2nd hand(little if any use) and the small aperture would not stay up. Didn't try ARMS, but from what I have read while looking for a fix, it is not a rare issue.

Now I have an MBUS rear. With the exception of the steel 71 aperture, and I think steel windage knob, there is nothing about the 71 that I would consider better...and not sure those 2 matter. Windage and release mechanism have a much more positive feel and the small aperture stays locked. Wish I had just bought these instead of the pro model.
    Last edited by jsbhike; 11-29-18 at 21:35.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    If you're not going to run a magnified optic I'd get the LMT fixed rear sight. They are tough as nails, work great with red dot sights, and will likely outlast your rifle. If you plan on running a magnified optic, get whatever folding rear sight you can afford. The MBUS is cheap and durable.

Feedback Score
    I run Magpul MBUS Gen 2s on my BCM KMR Alpha. I use the DD Fixed rear on my M4gery. Both run Aimpoint PROS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12