Thread: Aimpoint H2 brighter dot than the T2?

Feedback Score

Aimpoint H2 brighter dot than the T2?

I realize that in simple terms the only difference between the two are the water resistance and the ability to use night vision.

In reviewing the two for a Black Friday purchase I came across an article (HERE look under the heading "T2 vs H2 Reticles") in which the author states that the H2 has a brighter red dot than the T2 seemingly because the H2 has 12 settings compared to the T2 with 8 daylight settings.

I figured they both had the same brightest settings with the H2 just having smaller incremental adjustments (12 vs 8 increments).

So, is the H2 brighter on its highest setting than the T2's brightest setting?
    BCM RECCE-16 ELW Aimpoint T2, Scalarworks 1.92
    You need to be, not seem to be.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Maybe I missed something from the article you linked, but I didn’t see them claiming the H2 was brighter, merely the brightness settings were different.
    It would make little sense for the H2 to actually be brighter than the T2.

From article-
    “On my initial inspection of the H2 I couldn’t see any immediate difference from my T2. After a 30 seconds or so, “Ahh Yes I See The Difference”, there’s 12 brightness modes on the H2 vs 8 Brightness and 4 Night Vision Modes on the T2. Other than that they both look and feel exactly the same.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I never noticed any difference between my T2 vs H2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    My h2=t2 max brightness

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Maybe I missed something . . .
    You did.

Under the heading "T2 vs H2 Reticle": "The H2 sight offers more versatility in daylight shooting. It includes 12 daylight settings and an overall brighter red dot. The T2 on the other hand is an all around sight. It offers 8 different daylight settings and 4 night vision settings."

I guess he assumed because the H2 has 12 settings compared to the T2's 8 it must be brighter.

I feel better 'cause I had ordered the T2 from Sport Optics at a good price and got concerned when I read the article.

Thanks for the responses!
    BCM RECCE-16 ELW Aimpoint T2, Scalarworks 1.92
    You need to be, not seem to be.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Yeah, I would assume both optics have same emitter, circuitry similar if not same, same battery, etc.
    Aimpoint is a business, it wouldn’t be (as) cost efficient to produce two, different systems.