Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mental Health PSA

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

Mental Health PSA

Just a reminder to anyone out there (in particular .mil guys who went places) that seeking help for mental illness (PTSD, OCD, ADHD, Depression, etc) isn’t a sign of weakness.

The people who usually need it are the ones who are most adamantly convinced they don’t.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 10-21-23 at 21:43. Reason: Necro!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    And please don’t overlook your family members in medical, especially those that work in ERs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    I heard an amazing testimony this evening at Celebrate Recovery from a guy who has PTSD and started a Veterans Group in the program for those who are suffering with it. Love seeing how God uses our pain to help others who are struggling with the same things.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Mission 22 is a terrific resource for veterans, their families and friends.

A friend is working on another very cool fundraiser for Mission 22. I'll have more info when it's ready to go public.

But it will be spectacular, and you will love it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Great points

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)
    These guys are helping remove the stigma of mental health issues in the gun community. Here’s the link if you don’t know about them. It’s a new organization but gaining traction.

https://walkthetalkamerica.org/

Improving/healing mentally and emotionally is freeing. For so many that talk about freedom, releasing your own chains is the first step. We can all use improvement.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    These guys are helping remove the stigma of mental health issues in the gun community.
    Thank you!

Feedback Score
    You know it's important to realize that mental health isn't any less important than our physical health. I mean, sure, we pop over to places like Canadian Pharmacy when we need meds for our bodies, but the ol' noggin needs some TLC too. Think about it - we're quick to fix up a broken leg or ease a headache, right? So why not do the same when it comes to stress, anxiety, or feeling down? It's all part of taking care of ourselves. Just like we trust in Canadian Pharmacy for our pills and potions, we should trust in ourselves to seek help for our mental well-being too
    Last edited by alexiv; 10-30-23 at 02:05.

Feedback Score
    Amen to this

Feedback Score
    Anyone ever try EMDR? That's the current hot voodoo and it is not first responder/mil specific.

I had really good luck with a social worker friend who put me through something called trauma resilience process. I have slept solid every night since.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast