Thread: Inspired by the Shuffs Mini-G Garand...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Inspired by the Shuffs Mini-G Garand...

If someone made a new from the ground up rifle inspired by the Mini-Garand firing 7.62x39 from a 10rd Garand style enbloc clip would that be of interest? Particularity to those behind enemy lines in ban states?

TED

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Living in NJ (granted for a limited time)... not me.

To spend the money on that, the SKS is already compliant. And it will likely be cheaper than paying back the R&D costs for a limited demand rifle.

The other argument would be if you wanted a Mini-G, buy one or have a Garand converted to it by Shuff (both are compliant, as well). .30-06 or .308 in a gas gun... even shortened, isn’t that bad to shoot. If someone was very recoil shy, then maybe... but why not do a 5.56mm instead? I think that would sell better.

Just my $0.02...

Feedback Score
    Why not just buy a Mini 30?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Why not just buy a Mini 30?
    The desire to use proprietary Enbloc clips with no magazine protruding and specifically not SKS stripper clips.

TED

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    Living in NJ (granted for a limited time)... not me.

To spend the money on that, the SKS is already compliant. And it will likely be cheaper than paying back the R&D costs for a limited demand rifle.

The other argument would be if you wanted a Mini-G, buy one or have a Garand converted to it by Shuff (both are compliant, as well). .30-06 or .308 in a gas gun... even shortened, isn’t that bad to shoot. If someone was very recoil shy, then maybe... but why not do a 5.56mm instead? I think that would sell better.

Just my $0.02...
    More affordable ammo is part of the idea and the why of not just doing a mini-g in .308. 5.56 would be the second choice.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TED View Post
    More affordable ammo is part of the idea and the why of not just doing a mini-g in .308. 5.56 would be the second choice.
    More affordable ammo? If price is the concern, the SKS is the best bang for the buck. Realistically, the design costs for a decent rifle like you describe, made in the US... would likely cost at least twice the cost of a Mini-G (either completed rifle or a Garand plus cost to convert). Could even get into three times as costly. Unless you are rich enough to toss a major amount of money with like 90% chance of not making anything (losing all that investment), you won’t see a company invest in such a rifle.

You’d have to shoot A LOT to see any returns with the difference between what you can save between the two ammo costs (average 7.62x39mm to average 7.62x51mm, then price of said rifle). Most shooters won’t shoot that much.

Sorry, but you did ask for opinions. My view, it wouldn’t sell... and likely would be a huge flop. Cheaper alternatives out there.
    Last edited by Screwball; 11-27-18 at 07:22.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TED View Post
    The desire to use proprietary Enbloc clips with no magazine protruding and specifically not SKS stripper clips.
    The mag that comes with the Mini 30 doesn’t protrude. I think more people would find enbloc clips a turnoff than detachable mags.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Don't see a difference between enblocs and stripper clips. And the clips hold a few more rounds for the sks.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Those cut down Garands are retarded.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm