Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
I never went on any quest, call me crazy but I like a carbine ready out of the box, well almost so when I wanted a KISS carbine the 6720 was a no-brainer.

Switched out the OEM furniture for some BCM that I had taken off a lower then picked up one of their PKMR handguard sets, threw on a DD BUIS, VCAS, and a Frankenlight that I cobbled together from a SF G2 body, SF G3 aluminum bezel, TNVC Cree Q5 lamp, and a SF Z59 clicky tailcap.

I don't own a postal scale nor do I dabble in 420 so I have no idea what the exact weight is but she's light.

That setup looks remarkably like mine except: I have a MagPul CTR stock, MagPul MOE handguards with forward p-grip, and folding MBUS instead of the DD 1.5 you have. I think both setups are close enough there's probably not a dime's worth of difference in them.

The main "weight" I'm finding seems to be in the optic: I've lugged around LPVO's, Meprolights, Aimpoint PRO's, ACOG's, and MRO's.

I'm settling on the MRO's and Aimpoint T-series red dots as being the lightest so far.

I'm toying with the idea of a Trijicon RMR with a riser as the only "big step" left to reduce the weight of the optic. As funds allow.

BTW: My lightweight carbine will be using mostly 20-round USGI mags.