Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New OSS HX-QD Feedback

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    My experience is limited to media day at shot show. I fired a few rounds through the new hx-qd on an AR and an AK and as a lefty I was pleasantly surprised with the zero blowback, also the port noise was noticeably less than the surefire rc2’s on the urgi rifle’s at the Geissele booth next table over, others mentioned the same. The mounting system is innovative by being a taper mount system so rtz and poi will be more consistent and you won’t worry about your can being carbon locked into your mount, and also being left hand thread so you’ll never have to worry about unscrewing your muzzle device off, plus the advantages of zero blowback means no messing around with buffers or adjustable gas blocks. Military arms has a few good write ups as well.

Quote Originally Posted by OldState View Post
    Anyone have one of these new models yet?

I’ve been holding off on a 11.5” build intended for 50/50 suppressed shooting because I don’t know if I want or need an adjustable GB. All my research keeps leading me back to this but the reviews are so polarizing. It’s either the greatest suppressor technology thus far or snake oil. People that have them seem to like them....
    Last edited by VIP3R 237; 04-08-19 at 09:22.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    My experience is limited to media day at shot show. I fired a few rounds through the new hx-qd on an AR and an AK and as a lefty I was pleasantly surprised with the zero blowback, also the port noise was noticeably less than the surefire rc2’s on the urgi rifle’s at the Geissele booth next table over, others mentioned the same. The mounting system is innovative by being a taper mount system so rtz and poi will be more consistent and you won’t worry about your can being carbon locked into your mount, and also being left hand thread so you’ll never have to worry about unscrewing your muzzle device off, plus the advantages of zero blowback means no messing around with buffers or adjustable gas blocks. Military arms has a few good write ups as well.
    Your experience seems consistent with others. The only thing I’m not 100% sold in is the weight.
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    M4C is resistant to change for anything that is unproven/untested. I like it that way.

There was a ton of YouTube hype over the Hudson H9 (muhhh low bore axis, muhhh 1911 trigger etc) and yet a few older members in the original thread here called it out for exactly what it was - a cluster**** waiting to happen. Weird Loan agreements. LLC information with address at one of the owner’s parents house. This was before the H9 was even publicly released, and of course the morons who always want the latest and greatest refused to believe any of the factual information put out.

In a few years, if these suppressors work well, you might see more info on here.

I wouldn’t hold your breath though. Most “new” products are, in fact, gimmicks that don’t withstand the test of time.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    M4C is resistant to change for anything that is unproven/untested. I like it that way.

There was a ton of YouTube hype over the Hudson H9 (muhhh low bore axis, muhhh 1911 trigger etc) and yet a few older members in the original thread here called it out for exactly what it was - a cluster**** waiting to happen. Weird Loan agreements. LLC information with address at one of the owner’s parents house. This was before the H9 was even publicly released, and of course the morons who always want the latest and greatest refused to believe any of the factual information put out.

In a few years, if these suppressors work well, you might see more info on here.

I wouldn’t hold your breath though. Most “new” products are, in fact, gimmicks that don’t withstand the test of time.
    Not sure the Hudson pistol is a good analogy. That was a solution looking for a problem. New technology should be embraced if it in fact works and there is a legit need for it. The impetus for their technology is a very real problem that has previously only been addressed with bandaid “solutions”.

I think there are plenty examples of firearm technology that was embraced pretty quick here....Vltor A5 system, Geissele triggers, pmags, were all accepted within a couple of years if less ....less time than the OSS technology has been around. They just changed the design from the overly complex and expensive previous rendition.

I think there is legitimate cautious skepticism and old fashioned hard headed stubbornness...which is a common trait in the gun community. The issue with these suppressors is that there are very few reviews on the new ones. What do exist seem to be almost all positive but the critics claim everyone is a shill...though few if any of those critics seem to have experience with them.

What I’m hoping is that a lot if these are still in NFA jail.
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

Feedback Score
    Anyone got one of these yet?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12