View Poll Results: Got an extra Colt 6920 I don't really need. Shoot it or keep it NIB?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep in new in box; it will hold its value better down the road

36 46.75%
  • Shoot it, at least enough to make sure it doesn't have a warranty issue.

41 53.25%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Shoot It or Keep it Mint?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade04 View Post
    What kind of clips? Paper clips? Hair clips? Stripper clips? Enbloc clips?
    https://youtu.be/0kS8GzWl78g

Feedback Score
    Edited:

Regardless what you do with it, it's a keeper...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BuzzinSATX; 12-01-18 at 15:22.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    Function check it and keep it a safe queen cause; you don't know what the future holds.

During Obama's induced Sandy Hook panic I spied NIB 6920's go for $2K-$3K.

Just wait for the Democrats to take the White House and the Senate . . . or for the corn syrup droughts and the band-width riots.
    This has strongly become my motivation, especially since this morning I open the news pages and Trump is banning bump stocks with NO grandfather clause. I wouldn't put it past him now to sign a new AWB requiring registration or something (confiscation would start World War 3 and they are smart enough to know that).

I function-checked the M4, doing the safety test, disconnector test, and of course dry-firing. I also checked all staking where expected. Amazing that all Colt markings are present, including the "C" on the bolt carrier, "MPC" on the bolt, cage codes on both the stock and charging handle, etc. The kicker, though, is that we know Colt makes war horses rather than show ponies yet this one is absolutely perfect in fit and finish but for one tiny little dot of shiny metal the size of a period in a sentence on the mag well. It's literally that perfect.

I oiled it up, put it in a Browning VCI sock, and put the rifle in an airtight gun case with a safe-sized dessicant.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinSATX View Post
    Seriously?
    Renegade put a smiley in his post. He knew I was goofing around.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Test fire it and sight it in. Clean the crap out of it afterwards. Lube it and then put it in the back of the safe.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Let the paint completely dry before you put it in the safe.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Renegade put a smiley in his post. He knew I was goofing around.
    My sincere apologies to Renegade. Just seems this forum is getting more like TOS a bit these days.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    If I had to sell it out of state I can just put it on consignment at a gun shop in El Paso, Texas (or at least I could a few years ago).

Although it has been almost impossible to get gun laws passed in NM historically, people are saying this time might be different since our state is turning dark blue. The legislature is hamstrung by time limits on their sessions, so they usually spend all their time on budget items. But you never know.

I'm thinking down the road ten years or so. If the mass-shootings eventually turn the national political atmosphere toward restricting or outlawing these firearms, then just because it's a new, unfired Colt M4 might make it worthwhile to hold onto until I turn retirement age and then try to sell it.

I'm told by several sources that the younger generation may not be picking up the enthusiasm for the gun culture and in a few years we may have a LOT more to worry about. That could also be a bunch of hooey.

Another consideration: Not that my M4 will become a sought-after collectible, but you never know. Twenty-five years ago I owned a Colt "Match Target". I recently saw a NIB example that actually sold on one of the auction sites for several times what I paid for mine. That kind of made me want to buy another "just cuz."

I did the same thing.

I bought an extra 6920 just to keep in the box as well with the intention of selling it in the next panic because lets face it, at the rate things are going its only a matter of time.

I work with a lot of people that are 10-12 years younger than me (38) and you're right theres not a lot of enthusiasm for guns as far as I can tell. It even seems like my own kids are getting indoctrinated at school although obviously I'm doing my best to combat that.

Anyway sounds like we're thinking along the same lines. I'd say keep in NIB. You can always keep it as a back up or spare. Win-Win.

Feedback Score
    I would keep it NIB.

Feedback Score
    I have a completely original N4 from 2008 and I enjoy it whenever I can get to the range. I bought it to shoot not just admire.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast