Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DD 11.5" or a Sionics 11.5" barrel?

Feedback Score
    I’m in the same boat. Just bought a 16” sionics barrel for my wife. It looks great! Hoping to finish build this weekend and test it. Trying to decide which 11.5 sionics. Both there egrp and rgp say there meant for suppressed so I’m torn. Do I go rgp hope to suppress someday or just normal gp and ensure reliability. After reading papabear I’m leaning toward rgp.

Feedback Score
    36 (100%)
    The regular reduced gas port works for me both suppressed and unsupressed just fine. Of note I’m also left handed and I have no complaints
    "But if they want to play out a Rage Against the Machine album then...I have no problem blacking out my face, putting on Tiger Stripes, and working on my ear necklace."-FireFly

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I can almost guarantee that the RGP will be fine without a suppressor.

Quote Originally Posted by Higgi View Post
    I’m in the same boat. Just bought a 16” sionics barrel for my wife. It looks great! Hoping to finish build this weekend and test it. Trying to decide which 11.5 sionics. Both there egrp and rgp say there meant for suppressed so I’m torn. Do I go rgp hope to suppress someday or just normal gp and ensure reliability. After reading papabear I’m leaning toward rgp.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I called and spoke with someone named Steve yesterday at Sionics about their 11.5 RGP barrel. I am also planning on placing an order for one soon and wanted to confirm the current posted expected shipping times of 9-14 weeks. I was informed it hopefully will not take that long but yes there currently is a wait for the RGP barrels.

Thought I would mention it in case you were in a rush.
    Last edited by TxRaptor; 11-28-18 at 15:55.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TxRaptor View Post
    I called and spoke with someone named Steve yesterday at Sionics about their 11.5 RGP barrel. I am also planning on placing an order for one soon and wanted to confirm the current posted expected shipping times of 9-14 weeks. I was informed it hopefully will not take that long but yes there currently is a wait for the RGP barrels.

Thought I would mention it in case you were in a rush.
    Thanks for that. I decided to go the DD route just due to the price + availability. I will definitely give a Sionics barrel a shot sometime on a next build.

Quote Originally Posted by bruin View Post
    That's interesting; DD CHF 11.5s now have a smaller gas port than Sionics RGPs.

IMHO $20 is a small price to pay for a savings of 3-4 oz.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk
    I agree. I decided to go the DD just because of the price delta only being $20 and getting the CHF CL barrel + the weight savings.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    For those looking for a non-chrome lined 11.5" option,
    check out our OPTIMUM CQB.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    For those looking for a non-chrome lined 11.5" option,
    check out our OPTIMUM CQB.
    Edited: Question answered in another thread.
    Last edited by Biggy; 11-28-18 at 19:59.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    My Sionics 11.5” RGP runs everything I’ve tried 100% unsuppressed, including PMC Bronze. The general consensus seems to be that it’s gassed perfectly for unsuppressed use. I still need to test mine in extreme cold with weaker ammo.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Captains1911 View Post
    My Sionics 11.5” RGP runs everything I’ve tried 100% unsuppressed, including PMC Bronze. The general consensus seems to be that it’s gassed perfectly for unsuppressed use. I still need to test mine in extreme cold with weaker ammo.
    Thanks, I’m going to get on the wait list for a sionics rgp. Seems like a well liked barrel.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Thanks, I’m going to get on the wait list for a sionics rgp. Seems like a well liked barrel.
    I should add that I’m running an ST-T2 buffer and blue sprinco, 100% reliable unsupressed. You won’t be dissapointed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast