Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: The Pros and Cons of Painting your AR

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    LOL I'm just having fun with this. I may come up with more crazy shit here in a bit.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    LOL I'm just having fun with this. I may come up with more crazy shit here in a bit.
    Post it here if you do.
    https://www.m4carbine.net/forumdispl...ral-Discussion

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    This is my camo AR. Factory Colt. Professionally done. Doesn't look bubba although one could argue Vietnam tiger stripe is so 1960's.

Attachment 54760

That's the difference I'm pointing out. I don't mean to piss on anybody's paint job. Paint it whatever color(s) and patterns you want. I'm just saying that in my humble opinion a home paint job is about like a home gunsmithing job. Whether or not it's quality depends to large degree on who and how it was done and whether or not it looks like some dude with too much free time wanting to run around in the woods playing militia.
    Actually Mr. Safari, what you have been saying is that anyone who rattle cans paints their AR is:
    1) an amateur or what was it? ”Billy Bob amateurish”
    2) a wannabe that runs around the woods playing militia. (We called it “playing Army”)
    3) A person trying to steal valor.

Your words, not mine.

Question for you Doc Safari - do you build any of your AR’s or all they all bought as complete rifles in one form or the other?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    See that's always the problem, a poor kid can never compete with a cool kid. All I got is Big Smith bibbers, a long john undershirt and a DeKalb seed hat. No extra money for spray paint. And I'm supposed to compete with a Metrosexual Lumberjack rocking an oiled beard and sharply parted hair? I can barely afford the velcro to mount a morale patch to my bibs. Oh, the humanity!
    Says the hawg driver... 🤣🤣🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Attention whoring. Facebook or TOS is a better place for that bull$hit.

Feedback Score
    Too much butthurt for a subject that could be fun. Sorry if I offended anybody. I just felt like having a little fun with a subject for a change instead of all the deadly serious current events n stuff.

Frankly I was hoping somebody would make such a good argument in favor of painting that it would convince me to do one of my rifles.
    Last edited by Doc Safari; 12-01-18 at 14:29.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Now you must repent...
    Krylon one of your ARs and post it.

All will be forgiven lol.
    Too much butthurt for a subject that could be fun. Sorry if I offended anybody. I just felt like having a little fun with a subject for a change instead of all the deadly serious current events n stuff.
    Sent from my PIP-BOY 3000 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Frankly I was hoping somebody would make such a good argument in favor of painting that it would convince me to do one of my rifles.
    The only argument you needed was potentially being thought of as a “mall ninja”.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    Says the hawg driver... ������
    Well, yeah, no money for clothing.

ETA: Last night I thought I posted a whole epistle explaining the difference between bidet and boudoir, plus explaining the concepts and techniques of boudoir photography.

I somehow deleted it and, after a good night's sleep am no longer inspired to share my knowledge of these subjects.

Tomorrow though, if you insist, I will ask my Pastor if I need to repent regarding my usage of the shower hose to rinse off with. (yeah, I know, a preposition)
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 12-01-18 at 14:43.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Run N Shoot View Post
    So what is the view on things like Gunskins? Seems like a decent in between step if you don’t want to rattle can and don’t want to spring for a full on professional paint job. I got no dog in this fight but I have debated picking up some some Krylon on more than one occasion.
    I have put a couple on and the only immediate downside I can see with Gunskins is that they are kinda slick. I really haven't had them out using them to comment on durability, but if my assumption that they are the same thing as car wraps is correct they should be fairly tough.
    Last edited by jsbhike; 12-01-18 at 16:33.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast