Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The Pros and Cons of Painting your AR

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    People who don’t realize that black can get really hot in the sun spend too much time sitting at a covered bench shooting from the shade.
    Or they've never owned a black automobile.

Never again!
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    And black just plain sticks out in the woods. Now, I have not painted my AR’s (still on the fence there) but have painted my hunting rifles.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    T
    An AR painted to blend in with the terrain in your AO? Smart.
    Blend in with terrain, eh?

Maybe Ryan Evans SHOULD paint my rifle!
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    People who don’t realize that black can get really hot in the sun spend too much time sitting at a covered bench shooting from the shade.
    I remember grabbing a black anodized aluminum tent frame lying on the ground in Iraq about the middle of July. I could hear the sizzle as the sweat on my hand boiled off.

Andy

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    Blend in with terrain, eh?

Maybe Ryan Evans SHOULD paint my rifle!
    Oh come now you know you’ve always wanted a glossy black and hot pink AR.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Rattle can is a cheap and functional fix if you need to blend in. I like the Rustoleum Camoflage products.
    More factory guns and parts are coming in FDE, but with some upcharge. It's a decent base/starter color.
    I'd like to see more rifles in a lighter tone of gray, which works well on its own and is easy to accent if you need to blend.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Based on the trend in gear like chest rigs and war belts, grey is the new “urban FDE”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    And yet even if they want to paint their weapon a lighter color they are happy to install metal rails and handguards that get hot enough to make the shooter need gloves.

I don't buy the heat argument.

It's just wanting to make your weapon look badass compared to the sea of plain black AR's.

Feedback Score
    The two reasons I never would paint a rifle are 1) I’m a civilian and very self conscience looking to “tactical” or .mil. 2) paint jobs only look right if everything is painted...including optics. I can’t bring myself to paint an expensive optic that I may want to sell. And bonus #3, I happen to like how black rifles look.

The only guns I painted were toy m4s I got my kids for their Halloween costume. I left some of the orange on the muzzle to keep them out of trouble.
    567AC512-66E5-4D09-AFDB-1B4E6B4A6D23.jpg
    Last edited by OldState; 11-29-18 at 09:09.
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

Feedback Score
    I'll concede that if you know an extreme ELE SHTF situation is coming (think the movie "The Road" for reference), then, yes, rattle can the damn thing. But most of us will never face a level of survival worse than having to wait in line at McDonalds. There is literally no reason for the average person to camo their AR with amateurish hand spray painting.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast