Thread: 5.56mm QDSS NT4 and Triple Tap

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

5.56mm QDSS NT4 and Triple Tap

Were there different versions of the triple tap other than color? I have a black tripe tap, will the NT4 lock up without issue?

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    As far as I know the triple tap works with the NT4, unless Jack comes here and tells me otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mill Operator
    Knight's Armament Company

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I remember reading about heat issues a while back, but I'm not going to be doing multiple mag dumps or anything full auto using the triple tap. I wasn't sure on the number of versions or if that affected the suppressor compatibility. It's one of my favorite muzzle devices.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanm View Post
    I remember reading about heat issues a while back, but I'm not going to be doing multiple mag dumps or anything full auto using the triple tap. I wasn't sure on the number of versions or if that affected the suppressor compatibility. It's one of my favorite muzzle devices.
    The 3T is made of Inconel specifically to deal with heat - the same/similar material most suppressor manufacturers use for baffles. KAC wouldn't release an NT4-compatible muzzle device that couldn't handle an NT4 being mounted to it.
    --Nick
    Owner, Reptilia & Side Project, LLC

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I know its a tough material, I'm posing the question because I've done a lot of Internet digging and came up with multiple conflicting results. It sounded like the black ones might have some fitment issues with the NT4--but I'm not sure if that was wide-spread or one-off. KAC RMA'd the part in one of those instances. There were other reports indicating if you ran the gun hard you might have issues removing the suppressor and or potentially deform the brake. I'm just trying to make sure I've got the right info going forward before ordering the NT4 and then having issues after the fact. At the very least, I want a better understanding of what to do/not do going down this path. I don't want to ruin the brake or the NT4 through my own ignorance.

A little off-topic, but one of my favorite things about the SR25 was the manual. I've never had such a well thought out and comprehensive set of instruction for a firearm. I hadn't even though about the shooting schedule in terms of rounds per minute and impact on barrel life over the long term. That's why I also know, someone out there thought triple tap/NT4 issue through--hell there's probably a manual somewhere. I'd be curious to know what the shooting schedule recommendations are for suppressors in terms of rounds per minute and recommended cool down times.