Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Geissele Complete Rifle for 750 USD

Feedback Score
    From the reddit comment, assuming it’s a legit GA account, it just affirms that it’ll be limited to LE, which seemed like a solid bet from the get go, based on the naming convention and rumored pricing. Tough to say whether it’ll be offered as IOP, a la blue label, or strictly to agencies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OIPactual View Post
    Still doesn't make Geissele look good to not offer this to the general population imo.
    I don’t feel this way. I applaud them for offering a quality affordable package to LE etc. There are so many affordable options for the consumer at this point, not having access to this is not a big deal imo. We are spoiled currently. Perhaps it’s a bandwidth thing? They can’t produce them in sufficient enough numbers for the retail market?

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    I don’t feel this way. I applaud them for offering a quality affordable package to LE etc. There are so many affordable options for the consumer at this point, not having access to this is not a big deal imo. We are spoiled currently. Perhaps it’s a bandwidth thing? They can’t produce them in sufficient enough numbers for the retail market?
    I agree. There’s no reason this doesn’t look good for Geissele. I can’t believe people would get up in arms because an excellent parts manufacturer ventures into the full rifle market with something (even initially) only available to the people who are more likely to actually use them in a life-or-death situation. Please.
    “God doesn’t need your good works, but your neighbor does.” - Luther

Quote Originally Posted by 1168
    7.5” is the Ed Hardy of barrel lengths.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Pretty sure the reason it's limited to LEO is this is testing a proof on concept, and production capabilities....limiting this to LEO agencies allows Geissele to meet a relatively small demand, and test their production capabilities while breaking into the complete AR market. This allows them to not expose themselves to the incredible demand should it be offered to the general public, thus inevitably letting down customers with delays, or potential problems and lowing their extremely hard earned reputation.

I'm not LEO so I'm not just saying that cause I'm gonna score one through an agency or something.

If this works, I imagine I'll be getting the Geissele uber rifle I've been wanting, along with many others on this forum. I'd rather wait for that Geissele rifle anyways.
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 12-05-18 at 18:52.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Good on geissele sounds like a nice rifle
    But that article read like it was written by someone who is not a native English speaker
    Kinda strange

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    I agree. There’s no reason this doesn’t look good for Geissele. I can’t believe people would get up in arms because an excellent parts manufacturer ventures into the full rifle market with something (even initially) only available to the people who are more likely to actually use them in a life-or-death situation. Please.
    Quote Originally Posted by ALCOAR View Post
    Pretty sure the reason it's limited to LEO is this is testing a proof on concept, and production capabilities....limiting this to LEO agencies allows Geissele to meet a relatively small demand, and test their production capabilities while breaking into the complete AR market. This allows them to not expose themselves to the incredible demand should it be offered to the general public, thus inevitably letting down customers with delays, or potential problems and lowing their extremely hard earned reputation.

I'm not LEO so I'm not just saying that cause I'm gonna score one through an agency or something.

If this works, I imagine I'll be getting the Geissele uber rifle I've been wanting, along with many others on this forum. I'd rather wait for that Geissele rifle anyways.
    I said these things. My thoughts are that they cannot meet the demand of the market, that's why they limit it's sale. My point is that when you are a company that has the support of thousands of private firearm owners, you should at least recognize that, and offer up a timeline. Every company has teething issues when they grow, this is a good workaround for them I think. People were upset when other companies did the same thing that geissele is doing with this rifle, that's all I'm saying.

I own lots of geissele and alg products, and will continue to buy them. I hope some day these will be available to regular guys. This would be an amazing rifle for buyers who would otherwise buy incorrectly built and low quality rifles at a similar price.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    President of Trigon Armament Inc.

FFL-07 SOT-02

AR-15 Armorer

Competitive Shooter

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I agree about remembering people complaining about LEO exclusive rifles, handguns. Things like only making TAP T2 widely available for LEO is something that still burns me.

If Geissele was not so well regarded as an incredibly civilian friendly company, I think this would go differently for them. I think they now have a good grasp on just how crazy demand is for their kit, especially after the big sales they've had that crashed servers in minutes.

I also agree this is an excellent entry market level rifle, and could give the 6920 a run for it's money potentially...but do they have Colt's production capability. I imagine this is a problem that every company would love to deal with. Bill now has to be a master engineer, and master businessman.

Feedback Score
    Excellent marketing strategy. Initially available to LE only = tons of demand for non LE which is where most firearm manufacturers make their money.
    “I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Agreed, Geissele has been a huge supporter of the civilian market. I will eventually have hands on this rifle, as a number of my clients are LEO. That said Geissele could have said that this rifle at this price is for LEO only but in the future we will be offering civilian versions at adjusted price points. Instead they brilliantly created demand in a community that will pay out the nose for this as it is restricted. Good move, they have done this with the urgi, and the mk4federal rail.

I'm not upset that its not immediately available to us regular guys. I was just reminding everybody that when other companies, that are no so favored in our small community, did the same they were blasted for it.
    President of Trigon Armament Inc.

FFL-07 SOT-02

AR-15 Armorer

Competitive Shooter

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    This will be probably the only rifle to pull me away from my KAC’s. Not forever, but at least long enough to buy one. I’m sure it will be a very solid gun at what looks like a fantastic price point. We’ll see, but I’m optimistic. As if the Geiselle booth isn’t crazy enough at SHOT Show, this year it’ll be worse!!
    Looking forward to this one.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast