Thread: Is a Krieger a Krieger?

Feedback Score

Is a Krieger a Krieger?

I'm looking at a national match / precision krieger barrel. One chambered in house at Krieger is a little more expensive and longer lead time than an in stock WOA Krieger NM.

Both Krieger blanks obviously, how much difference in which shop does the finishing work between the two?

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If the question is can a poorly cut chamber be bad for accuracy compared to an identical barrel with a properly cut chamber, the answer is yes it has a massive impact.

If the question is does WOA do a good job? The two I’ve had were tack drivers and were done very well.

Feedback Score
    I run a white oak armament on a 20 inch gun. It's very accurate with both 69 and 77 grain bullets, using a 1in 7 twist. They do great work IMO.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    If it matters to you, buying from Kreiger direct ensures that your gas port will be in a groove.
    “I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsp10477 View Post
    If it matters to you, buying from Kreiger direct ensures that your gas port will be in a groove.
    This is correct.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsp10477 View Post
    Is this known to cause a large difference in accuracy of wear? Genuinely curious, I've heard someone mention it before but it wasn't touched on again.

Feedback Score
    I have 2 WOA barrels a Shillen and a Wilson both are very accurate and a 6.5 Creedmoor AR-10 Kreiger from Fulton Armory that I believe is a Kreiger chambered barrel. I shot a 7" five shot group at 1000yds Saturday with it. I would not hesitate to buy from WOA again. I just bought another Kreiger from Brownells on sale the other day for my kid we haven't even shot it yet waiting on other parts to get here. I really don't think you could go wrong with either company chambering the barrel.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    Is this known to cause a large difference in accuracy of wear? Genuinely curious, I've heard someone mention it before but it wasn't touched on again.
    To my knowledge it has never been shown to definitively matter. My guess is that if it does have an impact, it’s so insignificant that it’s practically immeasurable or that such a small number of people are good enough to see that difference that it’s irrelevant.

Kreiger makes great barrels. Kreiger does that. They also prescribe a lengthy break-in procedure that is of dubious value too....

None of that harms the accuracy, but I’d bet fairly large sums of money that everything else they do is far more important.